The crazy angry fan.

So I have had many many computer fans in my computer projects and until now never had one like this, I think it is one of the vardar vans which  comes from ekwb I think and It either is the most powerful fan ever or it has like a broken regulator. It is attached by molex and today I was working on somthing and bumped the blade with my thumb, normally this is a short little sting or northing and the fan stops, in this case the fan blade hit so hard it cracked the side of my thumb nail and made my entire nail area bleed like crazy. This is more of just a crazy story but I am wondering, are these fans normally really powerful or is this one gone crazy?

Grab some sage and call your favorite priest ASAP. In the mean time, HIDE! IT HAS GONE MAD!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

I will explain in more detail yes the fan is going too fast I tested my fan which runs at the same speed as yours and all that I felt was a hit and the fan stopped

its a delta

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, TheSneakinSpider said:

I will explain in more detail yes the fan is going too fast I tested my fan which runs at the same speed as yours and all that I felt was a hit and the fan stopped

Idk man I like the idea of it being cursed or posessed more, as these guys suggested aha 

Just now, Shadow_Storm56 said:

it hurt

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

its a delta

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, TheSneakinSpider said:

I love that OP said he was bleeding from his fan and your first instinct was to also stick your finger in yours. Cracks me up, bold move, BOLD MOVE.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

Depending on the RPM of the fan, this could either be a normal thing, or it could be the spawn of Satan himself.

Joking aside, if the fan is running off of Molex, this could definitely be normal. Typically with molex, the fan will just run at its rated maximum speed. Depending on the specific model of fan, that fan could be moving really goddamned fast, possibly fast enough to cause injury.

3 minutes ago, Axinex said:

Depending on the RPM of the fan, this could either be a normal thing, or it could be the spawn of Satan himself.

Joking aside, if the fan is running off of Molex, this could definitely be normal. Typically with molex, the fan will just run at its rated maximum speed. Depending on the specific model of fan, that fan could be moving really goddamned fast, possibly fast enough to cause injury.

Better call a priest 

Just now, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Better call a priest 

At this point, you'd need the goddamned Pope to kill this beast.

That's not a fan, it's a drone propeller.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

Does remind me of an AWESOME fan I once found in an ancient (server grade?) pc. I opened it up, and it was filled with crap. But the PSU had a 120x120 fan in it... Full metal, and running of 220 volts. I was scared of that thing, and always used the metal mesh covering stuff. It would even cut pieces of wood from a pencil.

58 minutes ago, sauce-c said:

I love that OP said he was bleeding from his fan and your first instinct was to also stick your finger in yours. Cracks me up, bold move, BOLD MOVE.

when you hurt yourself as much as me your skin is so thick that a silly little fan can't bother you