Motherboard diagram explanation

Hi. I have a gigabyte ga-z68a-d3h-b3 motherboard. I want to get a wifi adaptor. What slot should I use? I have a i5 2500k. That means it has pcie 2.0 and i basicly run my 970 at 8x 3.0 lanes. I don't want to use more cpu lanes or my gpu will run at 4x and i don't want that. Can someone explain me the diagram? Which slots doesn't use pcie lanes? I can use either pci or pcie.

Screenshot_2017-07-23-22-33-48.png

Screenshot_2017-07-23-22-34-19.png

All of the x1 slots get their lanes from the chipset which provides more lanes so you'll be fine. The GPU gets its lanes from the CPU so you won't impact the chipset lanes or vice versa.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Honest question, why not just a USB3 one?  Having an antenna at the back of your case is not the ideal place for it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

25 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Honest question, why not just a USB3 one?  Having an antenna at the back of your case is not the ideal place for it.

I had a bad experience with usb adaptors and I'm sick of them. Plus if i bend the antenna it won't be bigger than any other cable

wifi adapter will be x1, so any of the x1 slots that do not interfere physically with the x16 or x8 slot is sufficient.

single GPU x16 slot

dual GPU x16 (runs x8) and the x8 slot (runs at x8)

all x1 run on the chipset (z68)

26 minutes ago, airdeano said:

yes, PCIe bandwidth is faster than 33MHz

I found a spare pci wifi adapter. Sorry if this get's annoying but pci doesn't use cpu pcie lanes. Also pci can handle over 1000mbps so interface isn't the bottleneck for me.

19 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

I found a spare pci wifi adapter. Sorry if this get's annoying but pci doesn't use cpu pcie lanes. Also pci can handle over 1000mbps so interface isn't the bottleneck for me.

PCI bandwidth is barely faster than 1000Mb/s at just 133MB/s (1064Mb/s)

There aren't any wireless adapters that exist on the old PCI slots that are faster than maybe 144Mbps so you're safe there.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

32 minutes ago, Lurick said:

PCI bandwidth is barely faster than 1000Mb/s at just 133MB/s (1064Mb/s)

There aren't any wireless adapters that exist on the old PCI slots that are faster than maybe 144Mbps so you're safe there.

I Said that pci wouldnt be a bottleneck, my internet provider gives me 100mbps anyway. But can you awnser my question?

7 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

I Said that pci wouldnt be a bottleneck, my internet provider gives me 100mbps anyway. But can you awnser my question?

Yah, you'll be fine.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: