Question on Upgrading PC PSU

GermanDk

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but hopefully this collaborative community could help me out with this. Well I will just start off with my specs and move on from there.

MB: ASUS Z87-A LIGA 1150

CPU: i5-4670K OC ( 2 cores @ 4.4 GHz and 2 cores @ 4.5 GHz)

CPU Cooler: Cooler MAster Hyper 212 EVO

GPU: MSI GAMING 8G AMD R9 390 8GB (reg. 1060 MHz core clock and 1525 MHz memory clock)

RAM:  16 GB DDR3 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (4x4GB)

SD: ADATA 128GB SATA III

HDD: Segate SATA 6.0Gb/s 1TB

And for the power supply support this all,

PSU: CORSAIR CX-M Series CX750M 

I am pretty sure that I am using the wrong PSU to supply my system due to my repeated usage of the psu calculator. I have heard mixed reactions to the CX750M power supply that I use and I am pretty sure I am experiencing random BSOD crashes due to the poor quality of the power supply; therefore I wanted to please ask what are some purchasing upgrade considerations I should make for the power supply? Any suggestions are helpful. If any further details are necessary, do not hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Would you recommend a EVGA G2 power supply? I'm not sure if I should be aiming for around 560W. The last time I calculated the power necessary, I got a result of 700W, which now seems like an outlandish result. 

5 minutes ago, GermanDk said:

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but hopefully this collaborative community could help me out with this. Well I will just start off with my specs and move on from there.

GPU: MSI GAMING 8G AMD R9 390 8GB (reg. 1060 MHz core clock and 1525 MHz memory clock)

I am pretty sure that I am using the wrong PSU to supply my system due to my repeated usage of the psu calculator. I have heard mixed reactions to the CX750M power supply that I use and I am pretty sure I am experiencing random BSOD crashes due to the poor quality of the power supply; therefore I wanted to please ask what are some purchasing upgrade considerations I should make for the power supply? Any suggestions are helpful. If any further details are necessary, do not hesitate to ask. Thank you.

There is a PSU Teir list on this forum, just search for it in the top right. I would recommend something at least Teir 3 or higher. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

1 minute ago, GermanDk said:

Would you recommend a EVGA G2 power supply? I'm not sure if I should be aiming for around 560W. The last time I calculated the power necessary, I got a result of 700W, which now seems like an outlandish result. 

You'll be fine with a 550w PSU. I have the G2 in my build and I love it. No issues and the black cables are nice. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

5 minutes ago, Creeper1372677 said:

EVGA power supplies are rock solid. 

That's bullshit. Some of EVGA'S PSUs are good, others are rubbish.

9 minutes ago, GermanDk said:

That should be fine

9 minutes ago, GermanDk said:

Poor quality causing the bluescreen? Can you send a screenshot and the log of your bluescreens?

10 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

That's bullshit. Some of EVGA'S PSUs are good, others are rubbish.

That should be fine

Poor quality causing the bluescreen? Can you send a screenshot and the log of your bluescreens?

Here are the ones I have found recently. 

pc_potential_crashes.evtx

pc_potential_crashes.xml

Most of the time, the crashes occur during the times I am gaming but I cannot figure out what is the prime suspect, but more recently I have been lead to the issue being with the PSU.

23 hours ago, GermanDk said:

Most of the time, the crashes occur during the times I am gaming but I cannot figure out what is the prime suspect, but more recently I have been lead to the issue being with the PSU.

Then you've been mislead.

Your problem's not your power supply.  A new PSU would be throwing your money away.  If a PSU is incapable of powering a PC properly, you would experience shut downs and reboots.  Not BSOD's.

Try your memory two sticks at a time.  That's the only redundant hardware you have, so that's the easiest thing to try.