Best DESKTOP Microphone for standard gaming (not streaming/youtube)

lucwallace

I am looking for a good desktop microphone that i can use for my gaming setup. i don't want a modmic because i don't want the attachment on my dt880 pros and the cable on those is not straight so it will be a hassle. I am looking for a mic that doesn't need to be in my face to get good audio quality but also doesn't get filled with heaps of background noise over something like teamspeak or discord or in game chat because id like my friends/teammates to be able to clearly hear me in a competitive environment. I was looking at the yeti pro because that sounded the best at the distance i want it to sit but was a bit pricey. Thanks in advance for any help that i get.

I use push to talk with my logitech webcam seems to do alright in CS and PUBG. I have push to talk bound to a button on my mouse so it's quite easy to use,. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

5 minutes ago, lucwallace said:

I am looking for a good desktop microphone that i can use for my gaming setup. i don't want a modmic because i don't want the attachment on my dt880 pros and the cable on those is not straight so it will be a hassle. I am looking for a mic that doesn't need to be in my face to get good audio quality but also doesn't get filled with heaps of background noise over something like teamspeak or discord or in game chat because id like my friends/teammates to be able to clearly hear me in a competitive environment. I was looking at the yeti pro because that sounded the best at the distance i want it to sit but was a bit pricey. Thanks in advance for any help that i get.

A Blue Snowball would be good if you're fine with it sitting on your desk. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014PYGTUQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1500654027&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=blue+snowball&dpPl=1&dpID=31Ju5HK-6bL&ref=plSrch

I have the Blue Snowball and it works pretty good from a distance but way better close up so I put mine on a boom arm on my desk. If you can spend a little more than that the Shure MV5 is great and way smaller than a snowball https://www.amazon.com/Shure-MV5-Condenser-Microphone-Lightning/dp/B010W6W9EQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1500654848&sr=8-13&keywords=shure&th=1.

On 7/22/2017 at 0:14 AM, lucwallace said:

I am looking for a mic that doesn't need to be in my face to get good audio quality but also doesn't get filled with heaps of background noise

Sounds like some sort of unicorn blood you are looking for.

Maybe a lavalier usb microphone, can clip to shirt or onto headphone cable. Or look into a good shotgun microphone.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |