Change LED Color (Geil Evo X)

Hi,

I finally built my System today but there is 1 thing that is bothering me and that is the RAM LED Color on my Geil Evo X RAM. I tried using Mystic Light but it only changes my CPU Cooler LEDs. Anyone know the Solution?

Just now, Gungpae said:

Is the ram plugged into a LED header on the motherboard? (And also what motherboard are you using?)

Mobo is a MSI X370 SLI PLUS. It has LED Header and a Fan Header Input. Only have 1 JLED Port on this Mobo

2 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Mobo is a MSI X370 SLI PLUS. It has LED Header and a Fan Header Input. Only have 1 JLED Port on this Mobo

why did geil decide to make a ram with leds not powered of the ram slot itself, this i cannot understand, look at g.skill or corsair they did it, feels like a half assed hey guys ppl love leds lets just tape a led strip onto it and sell shit..

pc2.jpg

Have you tried adjusting the big slider on the top of the sticks?

1 minute ago, Nimrodor said:

Have you tried adjusting the big slider on the top of the sticks?

Not Yet

Just now, Nimrodor said:

Moving it along the stick should change the color.

Ill try that

10 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Ill try that

did u buy them recently? if so what i would do is refund them and get the g.skill, or corsair rgb ram sticks its just way better implented leds,

heres a short video of modes, all controlled through software

video-1499708262 (1).mp4

17 hours ago, Markthebeginner said:

why did geil decide to make a ram with leds not powered of the ram slot itself, this i cannot understand, look at g.skill or corsair they did it, feels like a half assed hey guys ppl love leds lets just tape a led strip onto it and sell shit..

yea and those same ram kits are getting their spd data corrupted whenever a user plays around with the software too much. 

https://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14357

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/11350#post_26043952

https://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Geil would have done this if it wasn't so much trouble. Imagine all the perfectly fine kits being RMA'd just because the spd data is corrupted. 

Either way, the EVO X is the first RGB ram kit in the market which came way before the Trident Z RGB. They might already be working on the next iteration for all we know. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case