after windows os version update games lag at high fps

overturnedv1

so basically its 120am and im gonna go to sleep, but i cant just shut off my pc, i have to update and shut down. so i dont really mind this, and i just shut it off and leave it. (this is a laptop). the next day i guess it shut off or somethin cause when i turned it off it was still updating, and then after than it was about 2 and a half hours before my pc was done updating. i was doing some school work for about 4 hours, and when i boot up my game, even though i get hundreads of fps it still feels incredibly choppy. restarting my pc again and no fix, online games like slither io work great, so please help

3 minutes ago, overturnedv1 said:

so basically its 120am and im gonna go to sleep, but i cant just shut off my pc, i have to update and shut down. so i dont really mind this, and i just shut it off and leave it. (this is a laptop). the next day i guess it shut off or somethin cause when i turned it off it was still updating, and then after than it was about 2 and a half hours before my pc was done updating. i was doing some school work for about 4 hours, and when i boot up my game, even though i get hundreads of fps it still feels incredibly choppy. restarting my pc again and no fix, online games like slither io work great, so please help

Specs? Windows version? 

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

A vague, possibly easy to solve problem?

Reinstall Windows.

Jokes aside, check your DPC latency.

Download LatencyMon, run it, play the game, and see if any of the drivers have an excessive high highest execution time in the drivers section. If you get a value over 1, it likely indicates a problem.

It'll pretty much point us where to go from there. Following that up, you'll want to run some sort of clock/temp/utilization monitoring program and keep an eye on how the clock speeds, temps, and utilization correlate to your performance.

If it's something that got broken during Windows update, typing "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" or "sfc /scannow" into powershell should fix it. If it's some new incompatibility created by it, it'll reflect in the latency test.

what do you mean run latency mon, there are about 100 different downloads.

Just now, overturnedv1 said:

http://prntscr.com/fxeky0 that is the results after playing for about 5 mins

Network driver is pretty high. Could you take a screenshot of the driver page, sorted by highest execution?

whjats happening is more like when i play a game, i play it in 30 hz, cause im not getting like 30 fps, but its more like  the refresh rate is 30, only in game though

3 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

Network driver is pretty high. Could you take a screenshot of the driver page, sorted by highest execution?

what do you mean driver page

2 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

Yes, but after you've played for a bit with the monitor running.

i have played for a bit, any more than i have is kind of impossible, because its so incredibly laggy