What is your favourite phone and what is your daily driver?

Daniel Z.
1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

in my opinion, the 3 year old iphone design lags behind every galaxy design since the S7. S6 was too uncomfortable to hold

And then the pixel came and stole the 3 year old design... (Here comes the flamewar lol)

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

to be honest

I am using S5 Neo. I wish it got a fingerprint scanner. Good camera, good battery. Decen performance (does lag a bit but it's so minor)

nice, my S7 has the crappiest sensor every xD

2 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

in my opinion, the 3 year old iphone design lags behind every galaxy design since the S7. S6 was too uncomfortable to hold

Samsung needs to completely drop their edge bullshit.  It's hugely uncomfortable in the hand and impossible to not accidentally tap the edge with your palm or fingers.  And bonus: you can't put a screen protector on it so your phone will look like trash in 12 months.

Also it's a useless gimmick that makes colors shift at the edges anyways.  What is that?  Triple useless shit?

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Nokia 3310, extremely durable. No flex, long battery life. Extremely drop resistance, water proof of up to 8000m over few days. Runs Snake Xenzia at native resolution at decent frame rate. 

I used to love my 3310, only replaced it because I dropped it on the farm, found it about 6 months later little rust on the board dried out and the thing still bloody worked...like shit but 'worked' lcd was a little wierd after that

6 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

iPhone SE? also I am a middle school kid with tiny hands and I can use the S7 fine

Tried it, pos, not like my hand is that big, but your telling me you can cradle a 5+" smartphone in one hand and use your thumb to navigate everything comfortably? Somehow anatomically I find that hard to believe.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

nice, my S7 has the crappiest sensor every xD

my old 5S (iphone) was really good 

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

And then the pixel came and stole the 3 year old design... (Here comes the flamewar lol)

i must agree. Basically, they stole the iphone design and made the bezels even thicker with an ugly window on the back

Just now, it_dont_work said:

I used to love my 3310, only replaced it because I dropped it on the farm, found it about 6 months later little rust on the board dried out and the thing still bloody worked...like shit but 'worked' lcd was a little wierd after that

Tried it, pos, not like my hand is that big, but your telling me you can cradle a 5+" smartphone in one hand and use your thumb to navigate everything comfortably? Somehow anatomically I find that hard to believe.

really? its easy to use 1 hand.

1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Samsung needs to completely drop their edge bullshit.  It's hugely uncomfortable in the hand and impossible to not accidentally tap the edge with your palm or fingers.  And bonus: you can't put a screen protector on it so your phone will look like trash in 12 months.

not really, most people dont have a problem with it. there are many edge screen protectors

Perfect phone? The leaked Pixel XL gen2 design -- that glass redesign & front firing speakers? Nice.

Daily driver? Pixel XL gen 1; the speakers are the only major complaint I even have with the Pixel XL Gen1.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

my old 5S (iphone) was really good 

I had to set 2 fingerprints on my thumb for it to work every try

i must agree. Basically, they stole the iphone design and made the bezels even thicker with an ugly window on the back

Well maybe their marketing team thought that it would seem like their was more power packed behind more bezel to the average iPhone using Starbucks consuming teenage girl...

ok but iphones and most good androids have 2 day battery with normal use

I get maybe a day and a half off of the iPhone and the OnePlus One's battery is screwy (it wasn't new when I got it and the previous owner was really rough with the usage. One of them "facebook all day, farmville all night" girls).

With minimal battery saving (turning off shit) I get as much as 4-4.5 days on the 640/1320 and if I managed to get almost a week's worth of battery on a Lumia 520 (which I still need to fix at some point, since it was a pretty freakin' nice phone)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Well maybe their marketing team thought that it would seem like their was more power packed behind more bezel to the average iPhone using Starbucks consuming teenage girl...

they just wanted to land small airplanes on it

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

really? its easy to use 1 hand.

I find easy and comfortable to be slightly different things. Given one is purely subjective and what I'm looking for.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Just now, it_dont_work said:

I find easy and comfortable to be slightly different things. Given one is purely subjective and what I'm looking for.

k, the S6 was really bad because of the sharp edge on the back but the curved back on the s7 makes it way easier and more comfortable to hold 

they just wanted to land small airplanes on it

I just realized it's a tool if you're stranded on an island... Sure there's the glass screen but just use the window on the back as an sos signal and give the plane somewhere to land on...

I just realized it's a tool if you're stranded on an island... Sure there's the glass screen but just use the window on the back as an sos signal and give the plane somewhere to land on...

not really, just use the S7 as a mirror

not really, just use the S7 as a mirror

True. Although drop it while trying to and you're f**************

no because linus forced me to get a dbrand skin

That glass back was awful.  Set it down on anything with even a .0001 degree incline and it's going to end up on the floor with double the chance of crackage.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Just now, AnonymousGuy said:

That glass back was awful.  Set it down on anything with even a .0001 degree incline and it's going to end up on the floor with double the chance of crackage.

its not that bad xDDDDD

1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

where u get the money for all those PCs in your sig xD

been using my nexus 6p for 2 years, just about to retire it. actually want to replace the battery to give it a bit more life but disassembly is not easy 

Galaxy S8, favourite.

Galaxy S8, daily.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

35 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

I have an S7 Exynos 8890 with the Sony IMX 260 sensor. My favourite phone is the Galaxy S8.

Love my iPhone 6 since 2014