PC parts for a DJ's computer

BadBlack

Well the title is pretty self explanatory and no I am not a  DJ but one is asking me what to get and he told me he was thinking of a Mac but i told him that I can build him one better and cheaper and that may suite his needs better, so I am siking help from you guys that know more on audio than I do so this is what I had thought of just starting though:

CPU: AMD 6300

MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R.2

RAM: 8 gb of whatever memory probably 1333mhz. (I don't think audio software needs that much RAM)

Soundcard: here is where i need a lot of help because he has very high end headphones (for what his rep told me) aswell as speaker. (I will update this and let you guys know the exact ones he is using)

Case: Fractal Design Arc MIDI 2

PSU: 500W-600W 80 plus bronze

GPU: HD 7790 2 gb.

Displays: 3x 18" Acer 1080p (He already has them)

SSD: ADATA S510 120gb x2 (OS and misceleanus things he might need)

HDD: Seagate 2tb.

Peripherals: the one he chooses.

So let me know guys if I am in the right path in the CPU power and also he is also kind of a casual gamer that is why i added the 7790 because of the multimonitor (he won't be gaming on the 3 of them) so it can be as smooth as possible.

Let him get the iMac,  there is more music software but if he can save $1K then build that computer

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Let him get the iMac,  there is more music software but if he can save $1K then build that computer

He actually is currently using a Windows based computer so yeah it would be the same if he stays with windows or goes to IOS

He actually is currently using a Windows based computer so yeah it would be the same if he stays with windows or goes to IOS

There is no reason to spend money on a Mac just to make music.  Pear OS http://pearlinux.fr/ -Mac + IOS but free and Linux

Why do you need a 7790 in what's essentially a glorified MP3 player?

As i said he is a casual gamer and the 2 gb memory will help run smooth the 3 displays not on gaming but on other softwares, plus AMD's multisiplay solution is great

There is no reason to spend money on a Mac just to make music.  Pear OS http://pearlinux.fr/ -Mac + IOS but free and Linux

Damn this is brilliant so with this there is no BS of the hackingtosh complexiyt right? Like the specific hardware you need to get?

Well the title is pretty self explanatory and no I am not a  DJ but one is asking me what to get and he told me he was thinking of a Mac but i told him that I can build him one better and cheaper and that may suite his needs better, so I am siking help from you guys that know more on audio than I do so this is what I had thought of just starting though:

CPU: AMD 6300

MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R.2

RAM: 8 gb of whatever memory probably 1333mhz. (I don't think audio software needs that much RAM)

Soundcard: here is where i need a lot of help because he has very high end headphones (for what his rep told me) aswell as speaker. (I will update this and let you guys know the exact ones he is using)

Case: Fractal Design Arc MIDI 2

PSU: 500W-600W 80 plus bronze

GPU: HD 7790 2 gb.

Displays: 3x 18" Acer 1080p (He already has them)

SSD: ADATA S510 120gb x2 (OS and misceleanus things he might need)

HDD: Seagate 2tb.

Peripherals: the one he chooses.

So let me know guys if I am in the right path in the CPU power and also he is also kind of a casual gamer that is why i added the 7790 because of the multimonitor (he won't be gaming on the 3 of them) so it can be as smooth as possible.

If there is particular software your DJ friend is using then you need to first check the hardware requirements & recommendations for that software. Next, if he has expansion cards that must be put in the system, you need to establish what they are and what type of slot they require - and the requirements of their drivers. Then, if there are any peripherals that he plugs into the system, you need to know how many and what type of interface - serial, firewire, usb, etc. - and if they have drivers, you need to find out what the hardware and software requirements are.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

If there is particular software your DJ friend is using then you need to first check the hardware requirements & recommendations for that software. Next, if he has expansion cards that must be put in the system, you need to establish what they are and what type of slot they require - and the requirements of their drivers. Then, if there are any peripherals that he plugs into the system, you need to know how many and what type of interface - serial, firewire, usb, etc. - and if they have drivers, you need to find out what the hardware and software requirements are.

Thank, that is actually pretty usefull I will ask him.