Cannot access BIOS - USB keyboard - z77 Extreme 4 [solved]

soldierpwnage101

Howdy fellas,

I used to access my BIOS with a PS2 keyboard I don't have anymore. So I was trying to access it with my USB keyboard (G510) and it was suggested I reset the CMOS and disable fast boot. So I hit the reset CMOS button on the back of the mobo and now I have pic related, which is really unfortunate because my keyboard is still not being recognized, meaning I can't press F2, DEL, or F1. There's also a "B4" in the bottom right corner of the screen, not sure what that means. 

Anyone got any ideas on what to do, other than get a new PS2 keyboard? I've tried all USB ports I have, currently have it in one of the 2.0 ports. 

Specs are in the pic, but to here they are anyway:

Asrock z77 Extreme4

2x 8GB ddr3

i5 3570k stock clock

GTX970

2x 1TB old samsung had drives in raid 1

1x 240GB samsung ssd 

unfortunate.jpg

I'm not sure. But switching USB ports when its booted like this might not work.

Switch USB port then restart. Repeat that for each port you try.

If you already did it like that, try to get a USB to PS2 adapter, you might have one collecting dust somewhere

There may be a setting in the bios that needs to be enabled - which would be USB support on boot... normally under the peripherals section of your bios menu 

you need either an adapter or a PS2 keyboard though 

14 minutes ago, Dujith said:

I'm not sure. But switching USB ports when its booted like this might not work.

Switch USB port then restart. Repeat that for each port you try.

If you already did it like that, try to get a USB to PS2 adapter, you might have one collecting dust somewhere

Did that.

12 minutes ago, Metal_Kitty said:

There may be a setting in the bios that needs to be enabled - which would be USB support on boot... normally under the peripherals section of your bios menu 

you need either an adapter or a PS2 keyboard though 

Figured. Was hoping there was a solution that didn't entail PS2, but oh well. 

19 minutes ago, soldierpwnage101 said:

Howdy fellas,

I used to access my BIOS with a PS2 keyboard I don't have anymore. So I was trying to access it with my USB keyboard (G510) and it was suggested I reset the CMOS and disable fast boot. So I hit the reset CMOS button on the back of the mobo and now I have pic related, which is really unfortunate because my keyboard is still not being recognized, meaning I can't press F2, DEL, or F1. There's also a "B4" in the bottom right corner of the screen, not sure what that means. 

Anyone got any ideas on what to do, other than get a new PS2 keyboard? I've tried all USB ports I have, currently have it in one of the 2.0 ports. 

Specs are in the pic, but to here they are anyway:

Asrock z77 Extreme4

2x 8GB ddr3

i5 3570k stock clock

GTX970

2x 1TB old samsung had drives in raid 1

1x 240GB samsung ssd 

unfortunate.jpg

if you can boot into windows, you can chose restart and hold down the shift button and you'll get to windows troubleshooting gui where you choose to boot to uefi bios

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

1 minute ago, Changis said:

if you can boot into windows, you can chose restart and hold down the shift button and you'll get to windows troubleshooting gui where you choose to boot to uefi bios

Good to know for the future, but for now I can't boot into windows. 

Update: PS2-USB adapter does not work with my G510 apparently. Will get my hands on a PS2 keyboard next.

Really difficult to actually source a ps2 keyboard now apparently. I just bought  a simple USB keyboard which worked with the converter I already bought. Problem solved.