Reboot and select Proper boot device

Go to solution Solved by Aerdian,

Use the Media Creation Tool to make a bootable USB drive. Insert the USB drive and make it as the 1st boot device, so it will boot into that. Install a clean installation of Windows onto your hard drive using the USB drive. It should be all good now. Sometimes, changing hardware confuses the motherboard and that should fix your issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

TL:DR - My computer is telling me Reboot and select proper boot device, It shows it in the bios but it will not load. I have reset the bios. I tried to look up a solution online it said change the sata mode from AHCI to IDE, but in my bios it only shows AHCI. I'm not sure what is wrong.

I just recently built a pc for my wife, I built it all and was still waiting on the cpu, so I decided to put my Intel Core I7 6700k to start installing and making sure everything was running fine, was running good for a weekend no issues, once I put the other cpu in it would randomly crash doing almost nothing. I did stress tests on it all temps were normal never crashed when doing them. It would just randomly crash.

CPU - Intel Core I5-6600k

Motherboard - Msi - B250 PC Mate ATX

Memory - Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB

Storage - Western Digital 1TB

GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

PSU - 500W 80+ Bronze

20170715_153250[1].jpg

20170715_153317[1].jpg

20170715_153351[1].jpg

4 minutes ago, Wirelesslemon said:

TL:DR - My computer is telling me Reboot and select proper boot device, It shows it in the bios but it will not load. I have reset the bios. I tried to look up a solution online it said change the sata mode from AHCI to IDE, but in my bios it only shows AHCI. I'm not sure what is wrong.

I just recently built a pc for my wife, I built it all and was still waiting on the cpu, so I decided to put my Intel Core I7 6700k to start installing and making sure everything was running fine, was running good for a weekend no issues, once I put the other cpu in it would randomly crash doing almost nothing. I did stress tests on it all temps were normal never crashed when doing them. It would just randomly crash.

CPU - Intel Core I5-6600k

Motherboard - Msi - B250 PC Mate ATX

Memory - Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB

Storage - Western Digital 1TB

GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

PSU - 500W 80+ Bronze

20170715_153250[1].jpg

20170715_153317[1].jpg

20170715_153351[1].jpg

You are choosing the CPU that can overclock but the motherboard doesn't provides overclock feature

Context Matters!

Just now, TechQuest said:

You are choosing the CPU that can overclock but the motherboard doesn't provides overclock feature

I don't plan to overclock, I built this computer using pcpartpicker everything is compatible.

Just now, Wirelesslemon said:

I don't plan to overclock, I built this computer using pcpartpicker everything is compatible.

If you don't plan to overclock, why you choose the CPU that overclock? The name of the CPU that end with K means overclockable. 

Context Matters!

1 minute ago, TechQuest said:

If you don't plan to overclock, why you choose the CPU that overclock? The name of the CPU that end with K means overclockable. 

I don't see how this is related to the actual question that I asked, Maybe it will be upgraded in the future, maybe I don't care about money. Thanks for your help.

Use the Media Creation Tool to make a bootable USB drive. Insert the USB drive and make it as the 1st boot device, so it will boot into that. Install a clean installation of Windows onto your hard drive using the USB drive. It should be all good now. Sometimes, changing hardware confuses the motherboard and that should fix your issue.

Hello! It's me just passing through :) 

3 minutes ago, Aerdian said:

Thank you , I will try that and let you know. Tvym