Is the Moto Z Play still worth it?

djdelarosa25

I'm looking for a budget Android phone and the Moto Z Play checks all of the boxes for me. However, seeing as it is already a year old, is it still worth it? Are there other better Android smartphones for the money?

If only the Moto G5 Plus was available in my country.

only if you can get it below the MSRP. it's not worth the original price anymore, but if you can get it at a discount, go for it.

keep in mind the moto X4 is coming soon, and it might check even more boxes. (SD 660, IP68, 3800mAh battery, etc. if the rumors are true.)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

16 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

only if you can get it below the MSRP. it's not worth the original price anymore, but if you can get it at a discount, go for it.

keep in mind the moto X4 is coming soon, and it might check even more boxes. (SD 660, IP68, 3800mAh battery, etc. if the rumors are true.)

Motorola is extremely late when it comes to releasing new devices here in the Philippines. Last I asked, there is no word yet regarding current generation phones. They only sell the Moto Z, Z Play, G4 Plus, and other lower tier phones at the moment.

Also, the prices here are inflated. The current SRP for the Z Play is PHP 23,000 (~$455). The closest phone that is decent for the price is the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) for PHP 20,000 (~$400).

1 minute ago, djdelarosa25 said:

Motorola is extremely late when it comes to releasing new devices here in the Philippines. Last I asked, there is no word yet regarding current generation phones. They only sell the Moto Z, Z Play, G4 Plus, and other lower tier phones at the moment.

then yeah, get the Z play.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4