Worth Taking The Chance On An Antminer L3+?

College is a little over a month away and I'm about to receive $1000's in government provided scholarships and stipends. Amusingly, the government also pays for my courses directly, so I pocket all the money. Knowing this, do you think it's worth taking a chance on buying an Antminer L3+? As far as I know, it comes with a control board and a user-friendly interface (I'm a bit new to mining). With the power supply, it'd cost just under $1500 (Which is less than one of my grants). I'd be using it on NiceHash and electricity only costs $0.092 per kW here. At worst right now, I'd probably make at least $35 a day given that the average on NiceHash is $45 on the L3+ and electricity should run south of $2 per day. Do you think it's worth a shot since it ideally has an ROI of less than a month or dump it into two Volta XX80's and a 4K monitor? 

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

Personally, I'd say no. If people a are selling the rigs then that means that they see no profit in them (currently). Additionally, the cost of mining rigs and video cards is much higher than it was a couple of months ago to mining becoming more popular. I'd invest it in some stock or a local company.

But at the end of the day, it's your money - if you want to try mining, I'd start smaller with a you you currently have.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

7 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Personally, I'd say no. If people a are selling the rigs then that means that they see no profit in them (currently).

But if they're selling them at double the original price, doesn't that mean they're just looking for a quick flip instead of actually considering using them?

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10