Recommendations for buying a computer and a laptop

EDIT: We're gonna go with the CPU cooler change and the SSD update, not sure about the laptop though...

My dad and I have been planning to either build a PC or buy a prebuilt for the living room PC and down the line to get a laptop for him when he's not working and sitting in his house from abroad doing nothing. Also, my dad said it should "play youtube without stopping and edit videos without the cpu fan sounding like a motorcycle and it shouldn't take at least 5 minutes to get to the desktop," were his exact words xD We don't plan to buy the PC parts as soon as we pick what we want, maybe next week or in the next month we'll buy the parts and build it or buy a prebuilt. Whatever my dad picks from the recommendations I show him from this post.

Budget & Location: $500, United States.

Aim:

• Play youtube videos without buffering and/or freezing the computer
  • Handle light video editing (I'll check what kind of videos he's gonna edit when I call him next time)
  • Play games (Toontown rewritten - OpenGL, Bendy and the Ink Machine - Directx 10, Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion) - My sister is into horror stuff so...

Monitors: 1 SonicView monitor at 1280 x 1024, I'm not sure if my dad would want to change that, I'll conform with him when I call him.

Peripherals: I don't think my dad would want to change the keyboard and mouse, and we would like Windows 10 Home included if we choose to build the PC.

Why am I upgrading?: The Dell that's currently in the living room is ok... except for the fact that when you do anything the CPU fan spins so loud my mom complains... and that's not good. Also the HDD's in there make it seems so slow I do something else while it opens chrome xD (I told my sister to copy her pictures and crap but she said "no bc they dont fit" so theres a laptop HDD hanging which at some point is gonna get a head crash or something similar.

The laptop is pretty much the same deal.
I did reformat and install the basic programs my sister and dad use but the CPU fan is still loud and the computer is still slow.

If there's anything I missed please let me know as this is my 4th post now. :D

Edited by Jose Marquez
Update about what to do

My recommendation for buying a computer and laptop is to have money and lots of it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The YouTube loading could just be because his internet is slow.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

18 minutes ago, Jose Marquez said:

Aim:

• Play youtube videos without buffering

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

19 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Save some money.  Replace the CPU fan and change out the HDD for a 512Gb SSD.

I'll take this into consideration, thanks. 

19 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

The YouTube loading could just be because his internet is slow.

Is 50 Mbps slow? xD

21 hours ago, Jose Marquez said:

Is 50 Mbps slow? xD

No. Not at all.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

On 7/15/2017 at 5:50 AM, King_of_Oz said:

No. Not at all.

Obviously it's not that then, my dad said he's gonna get an SSD soon.