Thoughts on the HTC One?

Froggyy0

I'm aware Linus did a iSwitched on this but i'd like a personal insight :)

I'm swapping from my 4S, to possibly the HTC One, as my first android phone....

Pro's/Con's and thoughts?

I love mine. The way I see it iPhones have the best quality, unibody aluminum, but android is just awesome. Best of both worlds :)

I love mine. The way I see it iPhones have the best quality, unibody aluminum, but android is just awesome. Best of both worlds :)

Thank you! I love the look of it to be honest, just, can't make up my mind! :/

Thank you! I love the look of it to be honest, just, can't make up my mind! :/

My mom has a 4S and I have a One. She keeps asking me if we can swap phones :P

Pure alu...min..... <3. Descent weight for a phone. Haven't had full access to one but it should be great although I'm quite unsure with my battery life of the htc one x having a 1800mAh vs 2300mAh on the htc one, android kitkat 4.4 should resolve some of the battery issues of the htc one.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

i hate it. Only good things are the build quality,battery and speakers. everything else sucks. I would go back to my s3 anyday. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Really like mine, I find myself using the IR transmitter all the time to screw with people's stuff. Not just that, the screen is really beautiful and I love the full aluminum body; however, this is my first smartphone, so I cannot compare it to anything else.

i hate it. Only good things are the build quality,battery and speakers. everything else sucks. I would go back to my s3 anyday. 

Did you not read the comments in the thread you made?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Did you not read the comments in the thread you made?

Yes i did and did you not read my responses to them? 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Yes i did and did you not read my responses to them? 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/74447-are-you-happy-with-your-htc-one/?p=1043617

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

The HTC One is absolutely amazing! :)  ALTHOUGH it is going to be a new generation of smartphones soon, so I would wait.  The HTC One (my one) runs HTC Sense 5.5 Android 4.3 Jellybean.