Small S4 mini review!

I got a Samsung galaxy S4 mini a few days ago and i love this device.

~Display~

The display is a AMOLED display and the colours are amazingly vivid. the colour may not be ideal for photo editing but it looks so awesome that its hard to complain about it. there isnt very much motion blur on the display but there is one tiny issue with it that i noticed. On the right side of very high contrast images there is a very very very slight red line. This red line is the red colour from the pixel. Like I said its very very very hard to see it but once in a while I do notice it.

~Audio~

The sound this phone can produce is very nice. the onboard speaker is outstanding the sound is very clear and has some low end to it. you can hear bass guitars and lick drums very well. it may not be great for rap music and it won't produce sound down to 60 or so hertz but it sound so good that I don't mind using it to listen to music while I use my PC. The sound you get fromt from the headphones is also very nice there is no noticeable distortion or unpleasant sounds. the software EQ in the stock music app is also pretty damn good. You get a 5 band EQ and some features they call "extended". The EQ sounds very good almost like a dedicated piece of hardware. The bass boost you can do from the the EQ is also very nice so if you listen to music with lots of bass and you want more you can use your phone and it won't sound distorted or low quality. i set the EQ to custom and turned up the bass and clarity options under extended to full and it sound awesome.

~System~

The performance of this device it outstanding. it may not be as fast as a real high end phone like the S4 or HTC one but its still very fast. I could be playing Dead Trigger 2 at a perfect 60FPS then switch over to Chrome with no problem. All the animations on screen are very smooth and hardly ever lag or drop frames. Once in a while a frame ot 2 will drop but that only ever happens when the system ram is near full or a very intensive application is working in the background.

~Network~

Network speed is amazing. I have a 75MBPS down and 50MBPS data connection on LTE and it is pretty flawless. Web pages open instantly and picture texts send instantly.

~Camera~

The camera may not be the best available but its pretty good too. The phone can take 8 Megapixel stills (4:3) but I use 6 Megapixel (16:9). This phone can also take full 1080P video at 30FPS and the quality is pretty good. You still need a good amount of light to get a nice picture but its definitely not bad.

~Build Quality~

As with all Galaxy S phones they are made of plastic but the quality isnt that bad. i will admit the phone is a bit slippery in my hand and I feel like if im not careful i will drop it. If they pit a more grippy plastic on the back it might not be so bad.

~Overall~

I really can't complain that much this phone may not be a full S4 and have the quad core CPU and other high end hardware but tis not low end for sure. I have been using this phone all day everyday for a few days since i got it and i have only charged it once. I keep the display at full brightness because ti looks really nice and i never change my power settings.

~Other Stuff~

There is a option to change the screen mode. this changed the contrast ratio and colour. I set mine to dynamic and it looks awesome. i don't know what else to put here because there is allot and fi you want a real review look online somewhere i'm sure a profesional has done a better one. (edit: you can also edit SD and internal storage contents via usb in realtime... You can listen to music on the phone while you copy more music on).

If I had to give this phone a rating form 1 - 10 I would give it a 8.5.

Why not?

A 12 year old like me has no money to buy a phone.... I pay for my own things and my parents take my money.. I'd buy it if I had money..

A 12 year old like me has no money to buy a phone.... I pay for my own things and my parents take my money.. I'd buy it if I had money..

Oh... well its still a nice phone.

yey smartphones.....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Good review, short and informativ!

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Non-flagship phones are kinda crap and have bad software support. Still rocking Lumia 920 and won't be changing that for quite a while.