Biostar X370 itx memory choice

Go to solution Solved by cymbalist,
Just now, TrigrH said:

well he said he wanted 3200 and i'm not going to recommend a kit the "might" do it hence I said "safe pick", its up to the OP if he thinks its worth the added cost, he hasn't given a budget.

i am running 3200mz gskill trident z rgb's with hynix A dies they run flawlessly on 3200 mhz without any issues what-so-ever. Ram support is not like launch day except when you have a msi board.

Im putting toghether (finally ) my itx ryzen 5 build but I don't know which memory to choose, I wanted 3200Mhz as I saw that ryzen doesnt work well with slower memory

I already looked at the compatibility spreadsheet but I wanted to ask to people with experience. Can anyone who has this mono recommend some memory to me?

Looking for 16gb(2x8gb)

The cheapest Dual channel ram in your country that's over 2800Mhz should work fine

My life

15 minutes ago, AndreLebrao said:

Im putting toghether (finally ) my itx ryzen 5 build but I don't know which memory to choose, I wanted 3200Mhz as I saw that ryzen doesnt work well with slower memory

I already looked at the compatibility spreadsheet but I wanted to ask to people with experience. Can anyone who has this mono recommend some memory to me?

Looking for 16gb(2x8gb)

you can get away with cheaper and slower memory, you'd loose a few fps the performance difference is the largest between 2133 and 2666. the sweet spot price/performance is between 2666 to 3200. I haven't read or tried that board so beside the QVL list i can't really recommend which ram to get

I don't know if they are available in Brazil or not, but there are more ITX options avaliable than the biostar board if you prefer. 

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350N-Gaming-WIFI-rev-10#kf

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITXac/

Look for 2666+MHZ CAS14-CAS15 RAM. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Just now, TrigrH said:

flare X is usually a safe pick

Extremely expensive aswell. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

10 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

flare X is usually a safe pick

this ram is seriously overpriced for no reason other than it being "made for ryzen". The ram support has increased loads, although i've been reading MSI still has a lot of issues, i'm running a 1600 on a x370 taichi and the supported memory list is huge.

10 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

it costs more cos its B-die giving you the best chance of 3200mhz and higher

from what I've read so far the max for Samsung B-dies is 3200ish. Hynix seems to be the chips that go beyond that.

1 minute ago, cymbalist said:

from what I've read so far the max for Samsung B-dies is 3200ish. Hynix seems to be the chips that go beyond that.

lol no.

bdie is an easy 3600 if you have a good IMC

but you need to use a mobo with BCLK even with agesa

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

lol no.

bdie is an easy 3600 if you have a good IMC

but you need to use a mobo with BCLK even with agesa

i am not so sure, but it doesn't matter for the OP. Flare X is just a waste of money

2 minutes ago, cymbalist said:

i am not so sure, but it doesn't matter for the OP. Flare X is just a waste of money

well he said he wanted 3200 and i'm not going to recommend a kit the "might" do it hence I said "safe pick", its up to the OP if he thinks its worth the added cost, he hasn't given a budget.

Just now, TrigrH said:

i am running 3200mz gskill trident z rgb's with hynix A dies they run flawlessly on 3200 mhz without any issues what-so-ever. Ram support is not like launch day except when you have a msi board.

35 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Extremely expensive aswell. 

Im buying in the US and bringing to Brazil, but thanks

And yes, really expensive, I just dont want to spend a fortune on RAM, my build is around 1000 dollars and include a wireless headset and a rival 300, so i want a safe and not so expensive option (140 usd?)

10 minutes ago, cymbalist said:

Yeah, i dont want to have to fiddle A lot with my ram, just afraid that 2133 or 2400 really slows down my system

1 minute ago, AndreLebrao said:

Yeah, i dont want to have to fiddle A lot with my ram, just afraid that 2133 or 2400 really slows down my system

the performance numbers are not that far apart, maybe a few %. Just look at the supported memory list (QVL) on the biostar website and grab one you like for the price.