Gopro Hero 3+ Wifi and Updating Issues

Go to solution Solved by Jer45,

*UPDATE* 

Recently, I was able to solve the issue by updating the firmware and wifi settings within a single update package (there are different options for updates on the GoPro website). This allowed me to reset the wifi password and finally fully unlock my GoPro that I bought used back when I originally made this post. Looks like the combined update wasn't working during my first go-around with this issue, but the GoPro website should be working now.

Just posting this follow-up so I can mark solved 😂

So, I recently got a used gopro hero 3+ black edition, it was working great until I tried to connect it to my phone via the capture app. So I tried to reset and give it a new password it via the instructions on gopro's website. I made sure that the name and password I used was compliant. I got the update folder on the micro sd and put it into the gopro. When I turned it on it fired up as usual like the sd card wasn't even in it, it didn't automatically update. I was however able to get the firmware updated by choosing to update the firmware only. I had tried the option to update the firmware and wifi together as per the option on gopros website but every time I tried this option the download folder button was greyed out. I have looked around a bunch trying things that other people tried. I tried using multiple different micro sd cards, formatting them in windows and within the gopro itself. Even the password given to me by the previous owner didn't work.

• 3 years later...

*UPDATE* 

Recently, I was able to solve the issue by updating the firmware and wifi settings within a single update package (there are different options for updates on the GoPro website). This allowed me to reset the wifi password and finally fully unlock my GoPro that I bought used back when I originally made this post. Looks like the combined update wasn't working during my first go-around with this issue, but the GoPro website should be working now.

Just posting this follow-up so I can mark solved 😂