Do I need static pressure Fans?

Tavreth

My case is the Phanteks eclipse P400. the front pannel is solid which means the front fans pull air from a gap in the top and bottom. Would this warrant a static pressure fan? or should I still go with max airflow fans?

You played 2 hours to die like this?

Specs

Cpu: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6cores

Gpu: GTX 750 Ti (Zotac)

Mb: 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ (MSI)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400

10gb Ram

Static pressure fans would be better here to help pull the air through the restrictive front cover. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

A good amount of static pressure will prevent the front panel from choking the airflow. 

If you would like fan recommendations, tell us your specs, where you're shopping/located, your budget, and what you're looking for in fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

remember linus has spoken on this a few times mainly focusing on the Corsair AF/SP fans and he's said a few times that the SP move the same amount of air as the AF and have the benefit of been way better for Rads and tight spaces, in short, just buy the SP ones all the time and use them for what ever you want. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Corsair fans arent worth it in my opinion. On a budget get the be quiet pure wings 2 140 mm. Otherwise get the silent wings 3 140mm. Pmw is not needed. I have the same case and the silent wings no pmw.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

A good amount of static pressure will prevent the front panel from choking the airflow. 

If you would like fan recommendations, tell us your specs, where you're shopping/located, your budget, and what you're looking for in fans.

I wouldn't want to spend anymore than $7 a fan. I'm in Canada, and preferably I want it to be available by Canada Computers so I can bundle my purchases and get free shipping.

1 hour ago, Vandorlot said:

Corsair fans arent worth it in my opinion. On a budget get the be quiet pure wings 2 140 mm. Otherwise get the silent wings 3 140mm. Pmw is not needed. I have the same case and the silent wings no pmw.

I've looked on Canada Computers but they don't seem to carry any be quite products, which is a shame. They look nice but I'll wait to see if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Specs

10gb Ram

8 minutes ago, Tavreth said:

I wouldn't want to spend anymore than $7 a fan. I'm in Canada, and preferably I want it to be available by Canada Computers so I can bundle my purchases and get free shipping.

I've looked on Canada Computers but they don't seem to carry any be quite products, which is a shame. They look nice but I'll wait to see if anyone else has any other suggestions.

$7 isn't much and is only enough for the cheapest options available. 

What are your specs and why are you looking for new fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

$7 isn't much and is only enough for the cheapest options available. 

What are your specs and why are you looking for new fans?

well I'm not sure what premium fans are like. so up that to $15. As for why new fans my cooling is a mess with a mish mash of fans I've scrapped. So I'm looking to refine my setup. My first place I was gonna start was determining whether I needed static pressure or max air flow for the front case.

Specs

10gb Ram

14 minutes ago, Tavreth said:

well I'm not sure what premium fans are like. so up that to $15. As for why new fans my cooling is a mess with a mish mash of fans I've scrapped. So I'm looking to refine my setup. My first place I was gonna start was determining whether I needed static pressure or max air flow for the front case.

What fans are you currently using and what's unsatisfactory about them?

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What fans are you currently using and what's unsatisfactory about them?

in no means are they optimized. for example I got an static pressure in the back and one in the front.

Specs

10gb Ram

3 minutes ago, Tavreth said:

in no means are they optimized. for example I got an static pressure in the back and one in the front.

What are the fan model names?

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are the fan model names?

2 are the fans that came with my case (phantek static pressure fans), they don't really have anything on them except the name phantek, and the other two are Scythe Model SY1225SL12SH

Specs

10gb Ram

42 minutes ago, Tavreth said:

2 are the fans that came with my case (phantek static pressure fans), they don't really have anything on them except the name phantek, and the other two are Scythe Model SY1225SL12SH

The stock P400 fans seem like stickered generic fans. Slipstreams are good. What don't you like about your fans?