Question about OEM windows licenses

Hi i just had a quick question. I'm planning on building a pc but due to budget i'm going to buy the video card later on and use the pc in the meantime. I wanted to get an OEM license from Kinguin where they are ridiculously cheap. You can see it in this video from Paul's Hardware:

So my question is, how do hardware changes work with an OEM license. what components is it tied to. Is it possible to just add in a video card without much trouble or going through reactivation. I know it's simple but i know nothing about these types of licenses.

Thanks in advance 

I have my oem license from linguini active on two motherboards at the same time run. Same key, I was suprised it let me and still is letting me use it. 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

OEM licenses are tied to the mainboard. They're non-transferable. You can upgrade the machine though.

And using Kinguin, or ANY grey market selling OEM keys is stupid, especially if you intend to use Windows 10. With 10, just run it unactivated until you can afford the version you want, only superficial features like Personalization are locked. If you want to use a different version of Windows, just use Win10 unactivated or a Linux distro like Linux Mint or Ubuntu until you've saved up the money to buy a retail license from a reputable source.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

OEM licenses are tied to the mainboard. They're non-transferable. You can upgrade the machine though.

And using Kinguin, or ANY grey market selling OEM keys is stupid, especially if you intend to use Windows 10. With 10, just run it unactivated until you can afford the version you want, only superficial features like Personalization are locked. If you want to use a different version of Windows, just use Win10 unactivated or a Linux distro like Linux Mint or Ubuntu until you've saved up the money to buy a retail license from a reputable source.

No, it's dumb widnoes cost $100 in the first place, $20 is a good price for it. Maybe when it first came out they can do that and they still CAN do it, but it's dumb and the price should be dropped. If it was there would be no need for g2a or kinguin

OP don't make the rich richer, make the rich pay by using the black market for games made by multi million dollar companys and software too. Don't buy Indie keys on it.

Thats why once the bank refunds the cc holder the bank will want the money from the game company and they will get it. D

But don't put indie devs out of business 

Also I'd say most gray markets are reputable, as the sellers are ran off bots so you will always get a key. The ones who don't give keys are reports and banned pretty quick. So any seller that's sold over thousand of sales will have good keys that will work.

Out of the 50 g2a pruchaes I've made I've had a 100% success rate to this day.

37 minutes ago, Joshua Larsen-Bradford said:

You can see it in this video from Paul's Hardware

Iv seen this video. This guy is a dumb shit for publishing this video. You are breaking many many many rules by purchasing a OEM product key from hong kong. Anything less than full price is not legit, because margins are not that good to knock 80% off. Only in PRC, eastern europe, and south america the re-sellers get away with breaking rules. MS does de-activate keys sold by people who break their rules.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Iv seen this video. This guy is a dumb shit for publishing this video

calm down smart guy, some people can't afford a full fat Windows key, for that price, they still want all the features, Paul is just showing an alternative, you don't have to like it, this is more of a gray market. 

4 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

MS does de-activate keys sold by people who break their rules.

not always 

According to the license agreement, Windows 10 OEM licenses are not authorized for DIY builds. Windows 8.0 and older versions did allow use of OEM licenses for DIY builds. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

36 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

calm down smart guy, some people can't afford a full fat Windows key, for that price, they still want all the features, Paul is just showing an alternative, you don't have to like it, this is more of a gray market. 

not always 

There is nothing grey about purchasing an OEM key from hong kong. It breaks several rules, the most obvious one is the system builder contract. There is always some child that wants to have an argument with me about something that is written in black and white. If you don't like the price or the rules then don't use the copyrighted work. If you disagree about the facts that I am presenting you then please do not come back until after you have read MS's EULA and the system builder contract.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/useterms

https://dpcenter.microsoft.com/en//OEM-Activation/cp-Licensing-FAQ#system-builder-licensing

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

17 minutes ago, brob said:

According to the license agreement, Windows 10 OEM licenses are not authorized for DIY builds. Windows 8.0 and older versions did allow use of OEM licenses for DIY builds. 

na it was just windows 8. they did a double flip flop on that rule, i suspect because sales were low and they were pushing new developer tools specific to windows 8 that were not being taken up.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

34 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

If you disagree about the facts that I am presenting you then please do not come back until after you have read MS's EULA and the system builder contract.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/useterms

https://dpcenter.microsoft.com/en//OEM-Activation/cp-Licensing-FAQ#system-builder-licensing

i know, but some people still would spend a bit less on the OS so they can get a better part, i understand this is illegal in some sense but for people who are on a tight budget, this is the only thing they can do. i am not really saying this is correct, i am just pointing out the fact this is another way people get Windows for cheap. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

ironic statement, careful being so edgy, you might cut yourself. 

i know, but some people still would spend a bit less on the OS so they can get a better part, i understand this is illegal in some sense but for people who are on a tight budget, this is the only thing they can do. i am not really saying this is correct, i am just pointing out the fact this is another way people get Windows for cheap. 

Instead of stealing Windows, why not walk into a computer store and take a case? 

26 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

saying something is legally in a grey area is giving false legal advise. If it blatantly breaks a rule in a condition in a contract then it is not grey. I don't care how poor people are. Computers have never been cheaper.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

25 minutes ago, brob said:

Instead of stealing Windows, why not walk into a computer store and take a case? 

im not a MS shareholder so i dont care if people steal from them. What annoys me is false advice that leads to money going to some kid in china who is earning $10 every time he runs a key generator. Maybe im jealous because I can't get away with it. Its a perfect scam because the PRC wont do anything about it.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 hours ago, Joshua Larsen-Bradford said:

i mean it might be illegal, but i'd rather buy a legit oem key than just pirate windows

your not getting it. No OEM is legit when you are building the PC for yourself. Its specifically stated in the system builder contract

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

@HunterSkater429

A) The rich don't get affected when their product is stolen en masse. The developers/small people do, the people that actually work for a living.

B) There is no justifiable reason to steal any nonessential good, especially when there are free, viable alternatives.

C) Grey markets operate on illegally acquiring 'OEM' keys that are sans license. Either keys that are part of volume licensing deals with actual OEMs like Dell, or developer keys.

6 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i am not really saying this is correct, i am just pointing out the fact this is another way people get Windows for cheap. 

Straight up run 10 unactivated. No vital functionality is missing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 hours ago, Drak3 said:

@HunterSkater429

A) The rich don't get affected when their product is stolen en masse. The developers/small people do, the people that actually work for a living.

B) There is no justifiable reason to steal any nonessential good, especially when there are free, viable alternatives.

C) Grey markets operate on illegally acquiring 'OEM' keys that are sans license. Either keys that are part of volume licensing deals with actual OEMs like Dell, or developer keys.

Straight up run 10 unactivated. No vital functionality is missing.

How do small devs get effected when you only buy AAA keys off of the gray market? I didn't think rockstar hired mom and pop Dev team to make games for them. Thought that had hundreds of employees making games that work for rockstar.

Ricktstar makes enough money daily off GTA shark cards to fulfil payrole 

12 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

your not getting it. No OEM is legit when you are building the PC for yourself. Its specifically stated in the system builder contract

It's legit in the sense it will work and activate windows 

6 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

It's legit in the sense it will work and activate windows 

go look up that word legit in a dictionary. Please do not reply to me with time wasting nonsense.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, HunterSkater429 said:

How do small devs get effected when you only buy AAA keys off of the gray market? I didn't think rockstar hired mom and pop Dev team to make games for them. Thought that had hundreds of employees making games that work for rockstar.

Ricktstar makes enough money daily off GTA shark cards to fulfil payrole 

Small devs are affected directly as the practice encourages theft of software. I have yet to encounter someone willing to use an illegal o/s who is not also willing to use illegal copies of other software. In the particular case of Windows licenses, MS invests some of its revenue into programs that benefit small developers. Yes those programs help MS, but they also offer very small developers a leg up in creating product. Lower sales likely means cutbacks.

3 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

go look up that word legit in a dictionary. Please do not reply to me with time wasting nonsense.

Well what you said can actually be time wasting too since it had no information to be gained from what you said.

If you would of explained the meaning then said your salty respond then maybe it wouldn't be time wasting :)

1 hour ago, brob said:

Small devs are affected directly as the practice encourages theft of software. I have yet to encounter someone willing to use an illegal o/s who is not also willing to use illegal copies of other software. In the particular case of Windows licenses, MS invests some of its revenue into programs that benefit small developers. Yes those programs help MS, but they also offer very small developers a leg up in creating product. Lower sales likely means cutbacks.

I hope you know it is 100% impossible to stop g2a or kinguin without the government shutting them down. Even if 5000 stopped bying keys. All the 13 year olds who are poor will be like look mom you can get it on this site cheaper and then the parent will cave because well it's cheaper and by alot usually then your kid will shut up. (Sad but most parents do this, buy stuff to shut up their kid)

And with the old genarations getting older and young ones always coming  there will always be a demand of cheaper game and software keys from sites like this.

It's how the world works. No matter how many posts you make people will still buy from it. My friend used to sell keys and he'd make $500 a day just from it easily. Even being a lower known seller with prices more than other sellers 

2 hours ago, HunterSkater429 said:

Well what you said can actually be time wasting too since it had no information to be gained from what you said.

If you would of explained the meaning then said your salty respond then maybe it wouldn't be time wasting :)

read my previous posts. i will not repost what i have already posted. did you review the dictionary meaning of legit? Do not respond to me until you have.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_