(Story) I finally figured out the truth behind crypto mining

(not sure if this belongs here but decided to post because i found my realization interesting)
So today i came home and decided start test mining again to see how high hashrate i can get. I spent some time tweaking the mining program and GPU clocks etc.. then i went to make some coffee and noticed i had spent 3 hours tweaking and over/underclocking my GPU to get higher hashrate. Then i started to think about it and realized that i have not life and that this is a game. Mining is a f**king game. You tweak,adjust and read guides how to get higher number and you compete with other people for who has the highest numbers, its a f**king clicker, its a bad clicker game :o Then i realized that theres even a high scoreboard on pretty much every pool site and pools are like servers for the game, then i remembered, old arcade games. Mining is an arcade clicker game. Its a f**king arcade clicker with rewards, people with high scores get big rewards and more casual players (miners) get small consolation prize for participation.

So is mining a arcade clicker or another game or is it just mining ? or is it just me that find this interesting and i am just a crazy person ? O.o

7 minutes ago, BluntestTech said:

So is mining a arcade clicker or another game or is it just mining ? or is it just me that find this interesting and i am just a crazy person ? O.o

to some people it seems to be more like a pissing contest.

the irony of it is that miners are destroying their own game. 

I think mining is pointless. I used to make my arcade clicker/browser games/some other offline games run with a macro tool, so I'd go AFK/do other things. Totaly pointless, so... All of the above minus "just mining".

8 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

to some people it seems to be more like a pissing contest.

the irony of it is that miners are destroying their own game. 

its great they find a new coin everyone jumps ship, drives the difficulty to orbit and then have to start over. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

life is a game bro.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

5 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

its great they find a new coin everyone jumps ship, drives the difficulty to orbit and then have to start over. 

that's what i mean by "destroying their own game" 

if everyone would mine for a little bit of profit at a steady pace it would take longer for the difficulty to rise but some people always have to out-mine others ... a pissing contest 

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I don't mine and I don't recommend doing so, but mind explaining your hypothesis?

Who do you think are those people with high scores?

Those with the most profit laughing at the mining noobs and gamers who can't get a gaming graphics card for MSRP.

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

that's what i mean by "destroying their own game" 

if everyone would mine for a little bit of profit at a steady pace it would take longer for the difficulty to rise but some people always have to out-mine others ... a pissing contest 

yeah, look at bitcoin now, you need to dump a fortune into it and even then it gets less profitable every day. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Who do you think are those people with high scores?

i think the people with high scores are people who have too much money to spend on multiple high end graphics cards and ASICS. 

if people would invest that kind of money, time and compute power in projects like folding@home, i wonder how many diseases could have been cured already. 

27 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You digress. Just who are those people and how do they end up with 'the most profit'?

They master the applications, run custom BIOS on their cards and know their hardware inside out. Also they have the most cards and therefore the most total hashing power.

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Which you have also described as the 'casual players' who only get 'consolation prizes'

whut? me? i didn't say that ... check again. 

i also don't think illuminati has anything to do with it. 

i am saying that you only get a lot of profit if you invest a lot in powerful hardware. nothing else ... and that reaching a "high score" is only about who can buy the most powerful hardware wich makes it as boring and stupid as any other contest about who can buy the most expensive shit. 

my car, my boat, my house, my mining rig... 

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

...nothing to brag about. If anything people want to do it secretly . . . known as that asshole who dried up the supply of cards . . . fill his pockets.

This guy casually sets up 8 1070's and gets all of them to pull just over 800W 

@2:42:58 couldn't embed time stamp into live stream

I started mining with my 1080 about 12 hours ago through nicehash miner and so far I have a whopping 0.0005 BTC, $1.22

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches