Ideas For What To use Old Servers For?

Hey guys
I've got 3 servers each with 2 socket 370 Pentium 3's and im trying to think of some uses for them
Any ideas guys?

ship them to me,

They are power eaters and great heaters, honestly they are too old to be used for anything decent and not efficient. Maybe try sell them.   

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

To old to use for much other than routers, but then again, what is the point?  May as well use a raspberry pie or something and save on the power bill.

I am throwing out even more recent dell 1950 / 2950 stuff.  Not worth the power to run vs newer ddr3 vintage stuff.

If they have rack rails, you can use them as shelves for newer server that do not have rails,  That is a common use for them that I have done myself and heard of others doing in small data center type environments.

1 minute ago, Julian5 said:

ship them to me,

They are power eaters and great heaters, honestly they are too old to be used for anything decent and not efficient. Maybe try sell them.   

eh idk about that i could host an old games server on them like deathmatch classic or something. might convert one to an old school gaming pc

Just now, nootnoot1277 said:

eh idk about that i could host an old games server on them like deathmatch classic or something. might convert one to an old school gaming pc

you might aswell use a slightly more modern pc for that, pentium 3s are useless

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Just now, Julian5 said:

you might aswell use a slightly more modern pc for that, pentium 3s are useless

not really their fine to host old games or like i said convert one to a 90's gaming pc for my old games

Just now, nootnoot1277 said:

not really their fine to host old games or like i said convert one to a 90's gaming pc for my old games

yeah I guess you could do that, any really old pc's serve as great emulator too

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

Just now, Julian5 said:

yeah I guess you could do that, any really old pc's serve as great emulator too

yeah that could work aswell

they'll make for a great space heater. beyond that.. not much.

I would turn them into a storage server, not like a nas 24/7 more like boot up if need access.

Got many tb just plane old data i think will never become useful, but still keeping.

For me they wouldn't need too perform good, e.g. i got ~120GB of AMV in wqvga@30fps

It is a energy waste too have them on a running hdd, but i can't delete them and on hdds lying in my bathroom it wouldn't be good either.

Correct me if i'm wrong, learning is a lifelong mission

1 hour ago, Konrni said:

I would turn them into a storage server, not like a nas 24/7 more like boot up if need access.

Got many tb just plane old data i think will never become useful, but still keeping.

For me they wouldn't need too perform good, e.g. i got ~120GB of AMV in wqvga@30fps

It is a energy waste too have them on a running hdd, but i can't delete them and on hdds lying in my bathroom it wouldn't be good either.

yeah thats a good idea too just run one when i want to store junk then shut it down till i need something off it. like deep storage or something.