Old HDD's not being found by new mobo

Hi guys, so last week I had some issues with a dead motherboard, so I went out and got a new one along with the other parts that would be required to get up and going again. However, when I finally got everything up and running, I noticed that my 2 mechanical hard drives were not being seen by windows and neither was it being seen by the UEFI Bios on my new motherboard. I have not done anything with drivers yet because the hard drives should be able to be seen by the mobo without having to do any software changes. Any ideas and suggestions would be helpful.

Side note, I am using the same cables like I did in my old build when they worked so I think it's something to do with the motherboard and not the HDD's themselves. Is there some BIOS setting I am missing?

Specs:

CPU: Core i5- 7600k
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW edition

RAM: 4x 4GB of Ripjaw Series V @ 2800 MHz

PSU: EVGA 750W B2 80+ Bronze.

MOBO: ASUS Maximus IX Code

Storage:

SSD: 128 GB mSATA in a 2.5in converter bay

HDD (Not seen by the BIOS): 1x 500GB WD Black and 1x 1TB Toshiba 7200 RPM??

Thanks.

try using the cables that came with the motherboard, to eliminate those as an issue
try different sata ports, some might be disabled if you use msata

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Make sure that in the bios the controller is enabled, and the both of the drives are spinning. Are they being detected in the os?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

8 hours ago, fixitnow said:

Make sure that in the bios the controller is enabled, and the both of the drives are spinning. Are they being detected in the os?

Not being detected by the bios or OS and I'm sure they're being powered since it's the same cord that's also powering the SSD. I'm sure it's got something to with the cords or the ports. I'll look at using different cords when I get home from work. 

15 hours ago, Changis said:

try using the cables that came with the motherboard, to eliminate those as an issue
try different sata ports, some might be disabled if you use msata

The MSATA is now in a 2.5 in drive case like any old SSD. I also have tried the other sata ports and even the one sata port that picks up my SSD is not seeing my HDD

UPDATE:

Went through my different cords and still nothing, even tried doing it one drive at a time and the only thing that the MOBO picks up is the SSD. However that being said, I did update the BIOS Firmware I believe and still no success, I know that the SATA and Power cables are not the issue and it's not the board either since the SSD works in the same slot as I tried my hard drives and I used the same power cable to run the SSD. At this point, I think the drives are dead but I don't see how that's possible when they were working before my motherboard died.

EDIT:

Like how do 2 hard drives just magically die along with the motherboard? like this doesn't make anysense.

2 hours ago, inZaniac said:

UPDATE:

Went through my different cords and still nothing, even tried doing it one drive at a time and the only thing that the MOBO picks up is the SSD. However that being said, I did update the BIOS Firmware I believe and still no success, I know that the SATA and Power cables are not the issue and it's not the board either since the SSD works in the same slot as I tried my hard drives and I used the same power cable to run the SSD. At this point, I think the drives are dead but I don't see how that's possible when they were working before my motherboard died.

EDIT:

Like how do 2 hard drives just magically die along with the motherboard? like this doesn't make anysense.

i see from your screenshots that a tosiba 1tb drive is recognized as well as the 128gbb ssd as a bootable disk, does the drives show up in windows? check disk manager (don't agree to format the drives or anything if it asks)

can you test the drives outside your pc? usb adapter/dock? another computer? don't make conclusions on the faults before testing.. 

also, reset the bios to default settings, this makes sure it isn't any settings fault etc.

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU