What is the refresh rate of this monitor?

IAR117

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

75Mhz

Thanks. How high do you think I can overclock this to?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Not sure. :/ 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Not sure. :/ 

Don't worry, I just rememberd that overclocking luck varies. Not sure if the same applies to monitors though

Just now, IAR117 said:

Oh, I looked on the website and there was no info on that. Did you download the spec sheet?

Went to support > manuals and found the spec sheet there. IMO on of the only reliable ways to get info on LG stuff.

3 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Judging by what I see other people achieve with similar monitor, I wouldn't count on an overlock higher than 85Hz, but with overclocking you never know it for sure 9_9

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If any of you guys have an ultrawide, could you tell me what support is like in gaming. My friend had one a few years ago and had to return it due to lack of support. I just want to be sure as they're quite pricey and I don't want to find I've wasted that money.

23 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-25UM58-P-25-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1499602666&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=ultrawide+75hz

LG 25UM58-P

I made this thread as I've seen ona Amazon 2 pieces on info. One saying that it has a refresh rate of 90hz and another saying 60hz. Help

I think the default is 60Hz, but it can be upped to 75Hz

Just now, Its Not Important said:

I think the default is 60Hz, but it can be upped to 75Hz

When you say upped is that OC'd or through settings?

Just now, IAR117 said:

When you say upped is that OC'd or through settings?

Through setting

Through setting

Ok thanks. And this is completely unrelated but, is 144hz/144fps worth it without GSync?

19 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

If any of you guys have an ultrawide, could you tell me what support is like in gaming. My friend had one a few years ago and had to return it due to lack of support. I just want to be sure as they're quite pricey and I don't want to find I've wasted that money.

Support has been getting better, but of course 16:9 is the standard and thus always supported..

Here is a list of games supported:

http://www.wsgf.org/mgl/uws

5 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Ok thanks. And this is completely unrelated but, is 144hz/144fps worth it without GSync?

I think its a personal matter. For me, i don't really care about G-Sync..... I'd rather have high refresh rate monitor without G-Sync than low refresh rate with G-Sync.

Its note worthy that most high refresh rate monitors have some sort of adaptive refresh rate technology (Freesync/G-Sync). So if it doesn't have G-Sync, check if it has Freesync

I think its a personal matter. For me, i don't really care about G-Sync..... I'd rather have high refresh rate monitor without G-Sync than low refresh rate with G-Sync.

Its note worthy that most high refresh rate monitors have some sort of adaptive refresh rate technology Freesync/G-Sync. So if it doesn't have G-Sync, check if it has Freesync

I have a 1070 so I can't make use of Freesync

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Support has been getting better, but of course 16:9 is the standard and thus always supported..

Here is a list of games supported:

http://www.wsgf.org/mgl/uws

Can I get mods to support unsupported games?

5 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

I have a 1070 so I can't make use of Freesync

Well, its going to be nice feature in case you change your GPU to AMD in the future.....

Again, personally i think G-Sync is not that worth it because it has quite a price premium (lol G-Sync version of Asus ROG monitors have $400 price premium over Freesync version where i live), but if the price difference is close then get the G-Sync monitor

3 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

That depends on the game...

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

Some of these games don't support it officially and have mods/.ini tweaks to make it support. 6th column. 

6 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Well, its going to be nice feature in case you change your GPU to AMD in the future.....

Again, personally i think G-Sync is not that worth it because it has quite a price premium (lol G-Sync version of Asus ROG monitors have $400 price premium over Freesync version where i live), but if the price difference is close then get the G-Sync monitor

You're right about the price premium. It is ridiculous. Also all 144hz monitors are at least Freesync capable

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

You're right about the price premium. It is ridiculous. Also all 144hz monitors are at least Freesync capable

Yeah, that's what I'm saying....

Also, congrats on your 1000th post, you're a Veteran now :D

On 7/9/2017 at 2:10 PM, Its Not Important said:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying....

Also, congrats on your 1000th post, you're a Veteran now :D

Woohoo! I didn't even see that before

Not trying to bump this thread but I have this monitor and thought I could add some experience.  Mine can pretty easily overclock to 70hz without any frames dropping, but if I recall correctly, getting closer to 80hz caused me to drop some frames.  I didn't notice the frame drops in games, but online tools picked it up.  I haven't had experience overclocking monitors prior to this, so I just left it at the recommended 60hz.

As for the widescreen aspect of the monitor, I really enjoy it.  I'd say most modern games support it or have a mod for it.  There are only a few games that I have played lately that just won't support ultra widescreen at all.  What I notice more often is that games will display in the proper ultra-wide aspect ratio, but certain parts will be broken, like the HUD and menus.  I think it's worth the trade off, but that's up to you.  The youtuber  "Wide as Fcuk" does a pretty good job of detailing what aspects of games work and don't work when playing on an ultra wide, so I always check out his reviews before buying a new game (he can be pretty harsh on games for lack of support, but he still goes over all the flaws pretty in-depth).

On 7/9/2017 at 5:49 AM, IAR117 said:

is 144hz/144fps worth it without GSync?

Out of experience I can tell you that screen tearing is much less noticeable on 144hz than it is 60hz. Probably because each frame is displayed for a fration of the time. G-Sync is nice but I wouldn't say it is necesary at all for 144hz.