This exists?

TheArium

The battery in my laptop will hold through a day of classes but some days if for instance we're working on a group project and the hours go by, it needs some juice. It can be a bit irksome to bring the power chord and all the wires as it is normally hidden in a slide underneath my table.

So I was wondering if there is a small device out there with batteries inside with a short wire (a couple of centimetres at max) that I can pug in to an USB put and use to charge my laptop a bit? I don't know if normal AAA batteries are even up to the task.

The battery in my laptop will hold through a day of classes but some days if for instance we're working on a group project and the hours go by, it needs some juice. It can be a bit irksome to bring the power chord and all the wires as it is normally hidden in a slide underneath my table.

So I was wondering if there is a small device out there with batteries inside with a short wire (a couple of centimetres at max) that I can pug in to an USB put and use to charge my laptop a bit? I don't know if normal AAA batteries are even up to the task.

Not sure if USB but... An external battery pack?

You can also usually get higher capacity batteries, check the manufacturers site.

Not sure if USB but... An external battery pack?

How do they work? Is it a new battery so I just replace it, where do I plug them in? Universal or specific?

You can also usually get higher capacity batteries, check the manufacturers site.

I suppose so but the battery does pretty well. I just wanted a simple device that I could use to give my PC a couple of extra hours without having to bring the entire power chord.

I suppose so but the battery does pretty well. I just wanted a simple device that I could use to give my PC a couple of extra hours without having to bring the entire power chord.

Then just charge both and swap them if you run out of power?

It is possible but it would require me to turn off the computer to switch. And a second battery is probably larger, heavier and more expensive than what I had in mind + I don't need a full extra battery.  :)

It is possible but it would require me to turn off the computer to switch. And a second battery is probably larger, heavier and more expensive than what I had in mind + I don't need a full extra battery.  :)

Well they do exist, but they aren't going to run of typical AA or AAA batteries, they just cant discharge fast enough to keep a laptop going, has to be something like a lithium-ion/lithium-polymer pack.

Here's one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powertraveller-PowerGorilla-Charger-Laptops-Tablets/dp/B001FQP1MK

(Not sure if its compatible with your laptop, you would have to provide specs, but something like this)

They seem quite expensive though, that's why I suggested the spare battery, never cheap out on high discharge batteries.

A spare battery is by far the easest and most economical way of doing that. YEs you have to shut down the computer for a minute, but that's a pretty minor hassle to double your battery life on the go.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Here's one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powertraveller-PowerGorilla-Charger-Laptops-Tablets/dp/B001FQP1MK

(Not sure if its compatible with your laptop, you would have to provide specs, but something like this)

They seem quite expensive though, that's why I suggested the spare battery, never cheap out on high discharge batteries.

I was thinking about something like this D:  (serious bit)

(troll bit)

Or stick  solar panel on it...

OR CHANGE THE BATTERY SO FAst NINJA fast that the computer doesn't shut down ;)

Troll_Face.png

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Just buy an extra battery bro.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

I've seen some small external battery packs but they give only emergence spare power. Like 30mins. Imo carrying charger is very little more weight if your laptop has already so nice battery life (compared to my 2.5h). Besides we are living in modern age, everybody have devices that need extra juice during day.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Turn your resolution on your laptop to a 4:3 aspect ratio. Your battery will last forever!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Buy the exact same battery and fully charge them, when you run out of battery, just swap it

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

USB ports are typically designed to run less than 5 watts (1amp at 5v) through them, while your laptop most likely requires between 30-60 watts. So no, this doesn't exist. Sorry :(

You are probably right a spare battery is the better solution now the other idea is impractical and expensive. Thanks for the replies guys! :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla