Is Vega going to replace the RX 570/580?

I have that there is significantly more gtx 1060s coming back in stock than there is rx 580s. Therefore, could AMD be lowering production of the rx 580 in order to manufacture more vega gpus?

I doubt it, vega is supposed to be the high end GPUs from AMD, competing with the 1080 and 1080Ti.

The reason there are less 580s is because AMD cards are usually better for ethereum mining, and the people who do that buy a ton of them at once.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

18 minutes ago, CrunchyO123 said:

I have that there is significantly more gtx 1060s coming back in stock than there is rx 580s. Therefore, could AMD be lowering production of the rx 580 in order to manufacture more vega gpus?

Higher end card then the RX 500 series but hopefully at a price point in the 1060 6gb, 1070 area (compared to current pricing)

The only Vega chip so far is much too large (read: expensive) and furthermore uses HBM2 memory (read: expensive)*. The performance will significantly exceed the RX 580 and should slot up to replace the Fury series, competing in the over-$250 range. RX Vega that's upcoming is rumored at $600 or thereabouts. Some say multiple cards ranging from $400 to $600.

*though supposedly the new arch is compatible with GDDR5 as well, so eventual lower-tier configs should be feasible here. It'll be some time before the Polaris lineup of RX 5__ gets replaced. AMD is rightfully focusing on trying to compete in the higher-margin space above $250 or so, which they haven't addressed since the Fury X and other Fury products that were launched over two years ago.

At MSRP, Vega aims at the high end such as the 1080 TI. At current inflated prices, it will probably end up in competition with the 480/580.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…