gpu folding issues

just started foling agian havent folded sence ati tried pushing folding whne i had a 3870. im using my main rig to fold but my gpu fans will ramp up for about 2-3 min then they whill drop right off to like 40% gpu load stayes up temps stay before 50 and fan stays below 50% is this normal?

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Is your issue your fan speeding up and then suddenly getting quiet because it stopped spinning as much? That seems normal, folding suddenly ups the usage, so the fan spins faster to cool it off and once the temps are fine again it goes back to normal.

Still, 50C seems really low for 100% usage. Are you sure it's folding? It sounds to me it's starting folding and then stopping, but hey, if your GPU is at 100% and your temps are below 50C then you're lucky. Or you live in a freezer.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

thats what its reporting and its compleating folds. but in games it goes up to 80-90c confuses me

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

also i have a spare geforece 9500gt 1gb is it worth throwing it in my rig to help fold?

thats what its reporting and its compleating folds. but in games it goes up to 80-90c confuses me

That is interesting, well if it's completing and your GPU isn't overheating then I wouldn't worry about it.

also i have a spare geforece 9500gt 1gb is it worth throwing it in my rig to help fold?

All I can say is throw it in, see the PPD increase you get, and decide if the extra energy draw and heat output is worth the extra points.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

aslo can i fold with 1 acount with multable machines? got a PD 2.5ghz  just sittin on my desk or do i need a 2nd acount?

aslo can i fold with 1 acount with multable machines? got a PD 2.5ghz  just sittin on my desk or do i need a 2nd acount?

Just use the same Folding username, team id and passkey. You can fold on any number of systems with all the same credentials.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99