Taichi mobo and s340 elite

theminnesotanman

Can't get the taichi x370 mobo to fit in the s340 elite case. Anyone try this combo and got it to work?

It's just a regular ATX motherboard, it should fit without issue.

How are you trying to install it?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Pictures of the problem you faced would help alot

Check the standoffs and make sure they installed the right size.  I recently had to RMA an S340 because the some off the standoffs installed were incorrect and they didn't include extras of the right size (among other manufacturing defects on that particular unit...the S340 overall is a nice design).

7 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

Can't get the taichi x370 mobo to fit in the s340 elite case. Anyone try this combo and got it to work?

have you tried just putting it in the case and screwing it in? it should fit.

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

have you tried just putting it in the case and screwing it in? it should fit.

It seems like the fans on the back will not fit because of the io cover. I am just frustrated with this whole build so far that I am just gonna try and rma and get a simpler build.

1 minute ago, theminnesotanman said:

It seems like the fans on the back will not fit. I am just frustrated with this whole build so far that I am just gonna try and rma and get a simpler build.

back of what? motherboard? why are there fans on the back of your motherboard?

17 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

back of what? motherboard? why are there fans on the back of your motherboard?

So. From start to finish here's the problem. I went to install my x370 taichi mobo. When I tried to get it to fit in the case it would not fit in because the back exhaust fan of the s340 elite case was blocking it, I then took off the fan and I still could not get it to line up correctly with the standoffs of the mobo. Now I am here, a desperate man trying to get his computer up and running.

9 hours ago, theminnesotanman said:

Snip

S340 is an ATX case, the X370 Taichi is an ATX board. If its not fitting its some sort of user error on your part, but without pictures or a more specific explanation of what isn't fitting, we can't fix this issue for you.

Here are several instances of people using the S340 elite with the X370 Taichi motherboard. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/fZKhP6#e=1299,1309

6 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

S340 is an ATX case, the X370 Taichi is an ATX board. If its not fitting its some sort of user error on your part, but without pictures or a more specific explanation of what isn't fitting, we can't fix this issue for you.

Here are several instances of people using the S340 elite with the X370 Taichi motherboard. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/fZKhP6#e=1299,1309

okay i am going to give it another shot after i get home from work tonight. thank you very much for all the help!