Ryzen RAM compatibility (July 2017)

Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
1 minute ago, Special Agent 星雨 said:

But what about the specific RAM I am after?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

(Hopefully I am allowed to post links on here) 

I have been looking through the reddit post above about which RAM sticks used what kind of memory chips, but my specific model was not found. The reason I really want 3000mhz at CL15 is because its only $15 AUD more expensive than the 2400mhz CL15 variant.

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will probably be down to luck if the kit can reach the exact rated speeds anyways.

This is just a follow up to my previous post about Ryzen 7 vs Intel i7. I've decided to go with Ryzen, however, my understanding is that some RAM modules can't run at proper speeds? More specifically Hynix vs Samsung memory chips. It is also my understanding that RAM sticks which use Samsung memory chips can run at higher clock speeds and are also more stable? I'm just unsure of the information I read online because the posts were all made when Ryzen was first released, and I know for a fact that BIOS updates meant some RAM modules can now run at their full speeds. Pleas help!

I'm interested in picking up G.skil's Trident Z RGB RAM rated at 3000Mhz CL15. But its nearly impossible (or I'm just looking in the wrong avenues) for me to find information about this RAMs compatibility with Ryzen.

EDIT: **any help/information is greatly appreciated!**

My specs are:
Ryzen 7 1700 + Wraith Spire cooler

Asrock X370 Taichi Motherboard

(preferably, because of the RGB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz CL15 Memory

I'm no Special Agent myself, but my Dad was!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Lian Li Galahad 360mm White AIO

4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

All wrapped in a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL case.

3 minutes ago, Special Agent 星雨 said:

This is just a follow up to my previous post about Ryzen 7 vs Intel i7. I've decided to go with Ryzen, however, my understanding is that some RAM modules can't run at proper speeds? More specifically Hynix vs Samsung memory chips. It is also my understanding that RAM sticks which use Samsung memory chips can run at higher clock speeds and are also more stable? I'm just unsure of the information I read online because the posts were all made when Ryzen was first released, and I know for a fact that BIOS updates meant some RAM modules can now run at their full speeds. Pleas help!

I'm interested in picking up G.skil's Trident Z RGB RAM rated at 3000Mhz CL15. But its nearly impossible (or I'm just looking in the wrong avenues) for me to find information about this RAMs compatibility with Ryzen.

My specs are:

If I remember correctly they trident series one of the few kits that worked quite well with Ryzen. I know gskills in general was the best at launch when it came to getting rated speeds but I think had to die with them using alot of Samsung memory.

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

If I remember correctly they trident series one of the few kits that worked quite well with Ryzen. I know gskills in general was the best at launch when it came to getting rated speeds but I think had to die with them using alot of Samsung memory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

I have been looking through the reddit post above about which RAM sticks used what kind of memory chips, but my specific model was not found. The reason I really want 3000mhz at CL15 is because its only $15 AUD more expensive than the 2400mhz CL15 variant.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

1 minute ago, Special Agent 星雨 said:

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will probably be down to luck if the kit can reach the exact rated speeds anyways.

7 hours ago, Special Agent 星雨 said:

EDIT: **any help/information is greatly appreciated!**

My specs are:

i have a 1600 on a x370 taichi running 3200 mhz c16 g.skill trident z rgb without any issues. they have hynix A dies but after the agesa 1006 bios they ran on 3200 by just selecting the xmp profile for it

17 hours ago, cymbalist said:

i have a 1600 on a x370 taichi running 3200 mhz c16 g.skill trident z rgb without any issues. they have hynix A dies but after the agesa 1006 bios they ran on 3200 by just selecting the xmp profile for it

Thanks for your input, I'm grabbing the 3000mhz C15 variant of g.skill RGB RAM, hopefully I can achieve similar results!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU