Bit Coin Mining?

So i have some questions. 

I want to get into the Bitcoin mining as i have excess income. Shall we gamble? I think yes. 

So first question will my Macbook pro Mine even when it's not connected to the internet?

How does this whole hash Rating translate to monies?

I don't pay the power bill so what would be a cost effective way to make more monies? I have a rig at work that has a 7950 and a i5 3570K should i get it mining while i'm at work? 

So many questions. Also How does this whole group mining thing work? I hear it's more efficient. Is there a Linus Tech Tips Group i can join?

I'm using BitMinter.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

no you have to stay connected

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

no you have to stay connected

Thanks! That really sucks. I'll figure something out there.. :D 

Another question why hasn't the Bitcoin meter gone up any?

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I'm at 12Mhps on my Macbook Pro is this good?

LOOOOOL Mining on a MacBook? People mining on Xfire 7970 aren't even profiting anymore. Do not start mining but get a job or something.

Interested in Business and Technology

No stop at once :) wasting electric for nothing :) but you would let the 7950 on your work do a little work of mining :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I'm at 12Mhps on my Macbook Pro is this good?

No it is trash, you should only mine Bitcoins with ASICs at this point

I have a rig at work that has a 7950 and a i5 3570K should i get it mining while i'm at work? 

If it doesn't belong to you I don't imagine your employer would be too happy if he found you mining on it. And it is way more worthwhile to mine Litecoin/other scrypt altcoins with a GPU than mining Bitcoin.

No it is trash, you should only mine Bitcoins with ASICs at this point

If it doesn't belong to you I don't imagine your employer would be too happy if he found you mining on it. And it is way more worthwhile to mine Litecoin/other scrypt altcoins with a GPU than mining Bitcoin.

Where can i get an ASIC from? The computer is mine. 

LOOOOOL Mining on a MacBook? People mining on Xfire 7970 aren't even profiting anymore. Do not start mining but get a job or something.

I have 2 jobs. I want to make more money with the money i'm making... xD 

Where can i get an ASIC from? The computer is mine. 

Lots of places, not too familiar with all of them so you would have to ask someone else for a list. Just stay away from Butterfly Labs.

But unless you spend 1000s of dollars on ASICs the return would be very minimal. And also with the rate of difficulty increases it is becoming riskier and riskier to invest in lots of mining hardware.

http://bitcoindifficulty.com/

Also note that the 12 mbps is likely adsl,and i know adsl frequently disconnects for no reason,which can disrupt mining.

dont start mining, if you want to make money, trade only if you know how!

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

Currently the best bet for mining would be with high end AMD GPU's and mining Litecoin. This is due mainly to the availability of AMD GPU's.

You mentioned the 7950, That card is capable of mining at 630 K/hash (when compared to Bitcoin, it would be 630 M/hash) Right now That would earn you 0.409 Litecoins per day.. valued currently at $4.66 per day.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=630&difficulty=1486.12414801&power=&energycost=0.10&currency=USD

You can compare other GPU's for Litecoin mining here https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

If you don't already have the hardware, it might be worth more to invest in the coins directly, Or split your investment between both mining hardware and direct coin investment.

For Canada I'd recommend https://www.cavirtex.com/home to turn your Fiat into Bitcoin, or your Bitcoin into Fiat.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Also note that the 12 mbps is likely adsl,and i know adsl frequently disconnects for no reason,which can disrupt mining.

i think you miss read somewhere............   he is reffering to his hashrate being 12 Mhs (Mega Hashes)

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

i think you miss read somewhere............   he is reffering to his hashrate being 12 Mhs (Mega Hashes)

Oops

Currently the best bet for mining would be with high end AMD GPU's and mining Litecoin. This is due mainly to the availability of AMD GPU's.

You mentioned the 7950, That card is capable of mining at 630 K/hash (when compared to Bitcoin, it would be 630 M/hash) Right now That would earn you 0.409 Litecoins per day.. valued currently at $4.66 per day.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=630&difficulty=1486.12414801&power=&energycost=0.10&currency=USD

You can compare other GPU's for Litecoin mining here https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

If you don't already have the hardware, it might be worth more to invest in the coins directly, Or split your investment between both mining hardware and direct coin investment.

For Canada I'd recommend https://www.cavirtex.com/home to turn your Fiat into Bitcoin, or your Bitcoin into Fiat.

I like this idea. Where and what software can i use for this litecoin mining? I've started mining now. 21Kh/s is that good? for a macbook pro?

I'm going to buya  7970 on friday. This is really fun man! 

I actually went out and bought a R9 280X today.  Instead of a 7970. 

I actually went out and bought a R9 280X today.  Instead of a 7970. 

It's the same card ;)

Which one did you get? Not all perform the same, some require additional work such as flashing to a different bios to get the most out of it.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

It's the same card ;)

Which one did you get? Not all perform the same, some require additional work such as flashing to a different bios to get the most out of it.

Sapphire AMD Radeon DUAL-X R9 280X OC with Boost 3GB GDDR5 (11221-00-20G ) PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

Sapphire AMD Radeon DUAL-X R9 280X OC with Boost 3GB GDDR5 (11221-00-20G ) PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

What hash rate  are you getting out of it? 

@RuecanOnRails Do you have any more information on which 280x is best, or links to flashing information?

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

What hash rate  are you getting out of it? 

@RuecanOnRails Do you have any more information on which 280x is best, or links to flashing information?

haven't gotten it in yet. 

I'm getting a hash rate of 535 on the 7950. Not totally optimized yet. still ironing out the bugs