Google Chrome "Your Connection is not Private"

When I try to access certain links on Google Chrome, I get this message. It's fairly rare and only happens sometimes. Any idea what this means, anything I should be worried about?

cccp.PNG

It's certainly not a good sign.

• stop visiting shady websites 
  • double check you address you type in
  • download an adblocker (my personal favorite is uBlock)

I had this same problem with my home network

With me , the issue was the router had it's firmware hacked to monitor the traffic from the computers. The hack was setup to reroute popular pages to fake pages looking for information. Websites like ebay ,facebook , paypal would go straight to a login prompt rather than the main page.

The solution for me was to just reset the router holding the little button on the back and that removed the firmware hack.

open cmd

tracert www.hs.facebook.com you will get an ip address

goto your firewall add rule to block this ip address in/out directions

ipaddress/24 good idea (example 192.168.0.1/24 blocks 192.168.0.(0to255))

@bcguru9384 @emosun@Kek Ops

It seems that my iPhone, laptop and PC all react the same way to that link. 

In the top right of the link I was trying to access it says "not secure" so is it possible that Chrome is just warning me that the webpage isn't "secure"?

The link I was trying to access is just a Twitch streamers Facebook page... nothing shady. I also have Adblock.

If all your devices do it then it's the exact same as my situation was. Do a factory reset on the router because it appears its redirecting your traffic. Crome is essentially letting you know it's not secure , because it's not secure. The router most likely is running a bit of hacked software to redirect your pages.

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

If all your devices do it then it's the exact same as my situation was. Do a factory reset on the router because it appears its redirecting your traffic. Crome is essentially letting you know it's not secure , because it's not secure. The router most likely is running a bit of hacked software to redirect your pages.

Hmm, but my pages aren't being redirected, I click on a link and it takes me to it. 

EDIT- It is also only happening with only this link right now, nothing else.

with mine it redirected to a different server with the same address. So if you wanted to go to paypal.com , it would would redirect to a fake paypal.com that still shows correctly in the address bar , however , it would say the website wasn't secure.

Just now, emosun said:

with mine it redirected to a different server with the same address. So if you wanted to go to paypal.com , it would would redirect to a fake paypal.com that still shows correctly in the address bar , however , it would say the website wasn't secure.

Mine doesn't do it with things like Paypal, YouTube or any major sites though, only this one link, so you still think it's the same issue?

2 minutes ago, Celios said:

Hmm, but my pages aren't being redirected, I click on a link and it takes me to it. 

EDIT- It is also only happening with this link right now, nothing else.

yes they are its why your going to www.hs.facebook.com not www.facebook.com

thumbs up chrome for the catch