Dual modem connection

Okay here's the situation. I have a 20Mbit connection with a Netgear DGN2200v4 modem/router. Problem is my connection is VDSL and the modem/router is ADSL and can only support a max of a 10Mbit connection. My connection does however allow up to 5 concurrent connections meaning I could attach a second modem/router at another location (say an office etc.) and use it on the same data cap. I also happen to have another Netgear DGN2200v4 lying around. Could I connect both of these routers to the telephone cable effectively using 2 out of 5 of my concurrent connections and then somehow macgyver them together to get 1 20Mbit network as opposed to 2 10Mbit connections?

Yes I know I can get a VDSL router but I don't currently have the cash for one and need an alternative solution.

Edit: Found this video from Linus 

Basically I want to create that network bonder through software perhaps.

Thats already pretty fast dsl.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

technically it might be doable but i doubt its worth it price wise. it would be cheaper to just get a better modem.

No, you'll still have 2 10Mbit connections and can't combine them into a single connection, at least not without buying stuff. You can use two applications and get 10Mbit on both but not 20Mbit on one.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

No, you'll still have 2 10Mbit connections and can't combine them into a single connection. You can use two applications and get 10Mbit on both but not 20Mbit on one.

Okay okay. New idea here. Connect to both networks by means of 2 wifi adapters and then get some sort of application to combine through windows?

if both your connections are vdsl, why the hell do you only have 10Mbps connections? surely you arent that far away from the cabinet, cant you just upgrade one connection to 20Mbps? why have the isp supplied you with such a poor router? 

even a crappy router that only gives out 144Mbps wireless over 2.4ghz should give you 20Mbps.

10 minutes ago, Undead Pickle said:

Okay okay. New idea here. Connect to both networks by means of 2 wifi adapters and then get some sort of application to combine through windows?

might work, but would be very buggy

can't you rent a VDSL modem from your ISP? they usually do provide those for our plans, 

22 minutes ago, Undead Pickle said:

Could I connect both of these routers to the telephone cable

no ADSL and VDSL only allow 1 device per line

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

if both your connections are vdsl, why the hell do you only have 10Mbps connections? surely you arent that far away from the cabinet, cant you just upgrade one connection to 20Mbps? why have the isp supplied you with such a poor router? 

1 minute ago, BubblyCharizard said:

might work, but would be very buggy

can't you rent a VDSL modem from your ISP? they usually do provide those for our plans, 

This is South Africa. The ISP doesn't provide the router not to mention I'm not the bill payer in the house. My parents are. So whatever I do that involves money has to go through them and getting VDSL was a massive argument on it's own. If they had it their way, we'd be on a dial up connection. .

4 minutes ago, Undead Pickle said:

The ISP doesn't provide the router

I find that hard to believe.....this is quite often a way for ISPs to make more money offering rentals

you might be able to get your parents to ask....as in why are we paying for a plan we can't use, and the ISP might offer a modem

4 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

I find that hard to believe.....this is quite often a way for ISPs to make more money offering rentals

you might be able to get your parents to ask....as in why are we paying for a plan we can't use, and the ISP might offer a modem

Welcome to South Africa. And we're paying the plan we can't use because I managed to convince them that we need it. If I say "Well we need this better router to use this plan" the answer will immediately be "downgrade the plan".