Oh god why...

old reece frost

So earlier today I was watching a RoosterTeeth video and a tab opened with meatspin on... it did this again later, then just now a cmd prompt popped up saying "Hey want to be friends?" Click to continue. 

I have no idea what is going on help please.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably have some form of malware. 

merely speculation, but it would be best to have that checked. 

Error: 410

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably have some form of malware. 

merely speculation, but it would be best to have that checked. 

Yeah probably... I am doing a full scan with Malwarebytes. Hopefully I can get this thing removed.

This happened probably because I was too lazy to update my expired AVG lol.

Yeah probably... I am doing a full scan with Malwarebytes. Hopefully I can get this thing removed.

This happened probably because I was too lazy to update my expired AVG lol.

avg is free how did you let it expire?

this sounds fishy

avg is free how did you let it expire?

this sounds fishy

I had the trial for the paid version.

I had the trial for the paid version.

A friend of mine let that happen too. Seems like a stupid way of doing it on avg's part.

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

^ dis guy 

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®

Don't do full scan. quick scan is better and it cured all my problems anyways.

A full scan won't take long, I've only used 300GB out of my 2TB

Don't do full scan. quick scan is better and it cured all my problems anyways.

Quick scan merely looks at the areas most susceptible to malware, while a full scan would look at lots of different areas.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If I recall correctly you can downgrade your trial version of AVG to the free version. Then get it to update its definitions and run a scan.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Oh meatspin....

How many spins did you make it through?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Oh meatspin....

How many spins did you make it through?

I left it idle once and got over 9000, it was amusing.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I left it idle once and got over 9000, it was amusing.

idle..psh

That's how many I have gotten while watching. Jk

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

AVG "safe" toolbar won't uninstall from my pc... so AVG, Norton, McAfee... please get out. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

So... we all watch it some time (not meatspin)? 

EDIT: "reading a magazine" is a similar-ish slant for it I believe. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Like 2 or 3

Hahaha, meatspin n00b :P

Hail Sithis!

Turn your PC off and never turn it on again, that'll get rid of that problem... might create another one though.

So many things I could write here... things like this.