Cheap Ultrawide or normal monitor?

Hello,

I am currently looking at 2 monitors, but I do not know which one to get.

Playing games such as OW and CSGO, with me currently being Master in OW, I was wondering what monitor to get.

Viewsonic VX2457-mhd

or

LG 25UM58-P

My gpu is an AMD RX 480 8GB, so it supports freesync, so I am thinking of going with the Viewsonic for now.

Thank you for reading and sorry for poor grammar :) 

"CHeal" never heard of that brand. is that just a typo. googled it and nothing came up

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

Just now, MrMcMuffinJr said:

"CHeal" never heard of that brand. is that just a typo. googled it and nothing came up

I fixed it, thank you for pointing it out.

Personally, I would go for the Ultrawide.  The extra screen real estate is more valuable than freesync to me, especially in fps games.  You can still use vsync if you need to.

4 minutes ago, newgeneral10 said:

Personally, I would go for the Ultrawide.  The extra screen real estate is more valuable than freesync to me, especially in fps games.  You can still use vsync if you need to.

vsync just gives you input lag.

30 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

@LeDude Love my PG348Q so I vote ultrawide! But that does have g-sync

What about the refreshrate? Since it uses Displayport it should be bale to go to 100 right?

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Well the LG you mentioned says 144Hz so max fps would be 144. It only has HDMI no DP

It's only 60 Hz, it is hdmi, hdmi can not really go over 80.

I vote for normal monitor because not all things supports ultrawide

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

8 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

HDMI 2.0 can. I updated my previous post. The LG website says 90Hz

That sounds great! Can you link me the LG link where you found it ^^?

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/owners-of-freesync-monitors-can-enlarge-hz-range-with-simple-hack.html

According to this you can OC the freesync, but by how much? I never understood how much.

4 minutes ago, LeDude said:

That sounds great! Can you link me the LG link where you found it ^^?

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/owners-of-freesync-monitors-can-enlarge-hz-range-with-simple-hack.html

According to this you can OC the freesync, but by how much? I never understood how much.

http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-25UM58

Amazon page also says 90Hz

As for OCing the freesync I have no idea. That'd be a whole separate forum topic.

Why not the LG 27MP59G? It says $200 in LG.us

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Why not the LG 27MP59G? It says $200 in LG.us

By the time it made it to Denmark it is almost double the price

2 minutes ago, LeDude said:

By the time it made it to Denmark it is almost double the price

Wow, ok ok back to the ultrawide

so the ultrawide is fine and this was the first monitor that my eyes were attached and attracted, when i tell that the monitor is in my build to this community the people that discussed said about the size problem. It is actually just 23" monitor stretched, even on 29 ultrawide models! 

So that is why i prefer to that crazy monitor that i just mentioned

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, tom_w141 said:

IK I just quoted your latest post. To show you the -P version is still 90Hz. No mention of Freesync anywhere btw so I doubt it has it.

Oh.

And about the freesync, it's the other monitor that has freesync

Just now, LeDude said:

Oh.

And about the freesync, it's the other monitor that has freesync

The crazy price display i mentioned is equipped with freesync, "gaming specialized" (from their G naming)

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

The crazy price display i mentioned is equipped with freesync, "gaming specialized" (from their G naming)

It's not because it is crazy priced, but my parrents wants to give me a present that isn't money...