SSD big enough?

theking

Hi! :)

First off, english is not my native language, so if i write something wrong feel free to correct me.

I have a hard time choosing a SSD size that fits me. I will be using it mainly for the OS and games. And not so many games too, pretty much Battlefield 3 and 4, and Assassin's Creed 4.

Now my first question, will a 120gb ssd be enough for me? Keep in mind i have premium versions for each battlefield game.

Second question, does Steam, Origin and Uplay allow me to download games on multiple drives, for example, to have BF4 on one SSD and download BF3 on another one, because i am pretty sure that i will buy a second SSD. And can i move games from a SSD to another.

Thanks!

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

Yes

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

My Origin folder is 64GB which has BF3 + DLC and BF4

do you know how big AC4 is? And does windows 8 take up much space

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

do you know how big AC4 is? And does windows 8 take up much space

Get the biggest ssd your budget can allow. I got a 120 GB and I have windows + BF4 and my ssd is 70% full. Keep in mind that some programs have to be on the OS drive and games on others drives will natively put save files on the ssd. My ssd will fill up a little bit more everyday. And yes you can games on multiple drives you just have to play around with download locations. I think my AC4 install was about 20Gb and as windows file size I'm not sure but it grows overtime anyway. I also had to install origin on my ssd to make the battlellog plugins work despite having bf3 on my secondary hard drive.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Get the biggest ssd your budget can allow. I got a 120 GB and I have windows + BF4 and my ssd is 70% full. Keep in mind that some programs have to be on the OS drive and games on others drives will natively put save files on the ssd. My ssd will fill get a little bit fuller everyday. And yes you can games on multiple drives you just have to play around with download locations. I think my AC4 install was about 20Gb and as windows file size I'm not sure but it grows overtime anyway. I also had to install origin on my ssd to make the battlellog plugins work despite having bf3 on my secondary hard drive.

You just answered all of my questions, thank you sir!

Windows 7 takes up just under 32GB

Actually, it's closer to 20GB. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Actually, it's closer to 20GB.

Sorry typo, it meant to say 22GB

oh, just one question. Can i choose on which drive i want the game on. Is it like normal files?

Edit. I just got it answered... Thanks anyway

It's gonna be a close call.

Get a 120GB SSD + A <$100 1TB drive. Or get a 250GB SSD to begin with.

It's gonna be a close call.

Get a 120GB SSD + A <$100 1TB drive. Or get a 250GB SSD to begin with.

That is what i am going to do, there is a really good sale here in Sweden for a 120 gb ssd, i might just install two of the games on the harddrive. Will that be slow?

That is what i am going to do, there is a really good sale here in Sweden for a 120 gb ssd, i might just install two of the games on the harddrive. Will that be slow?

Not at all. I have all of my games installed on my HDD. However, do install Battlefield on the SSD as the loading time for it can be long.

Uhhh, not REALLY it might be slower to open them and for loading times, however the actually fps will not change.  

Uhhh, not REALLY it might be slower to open them and for loading times, however the actually fps will not change.

Not at all. I have all of my games installed on my HDD. However, do install Battlefield on the SSD as the loading time for it can be long.

Thanks guys, i have gotten all of my questions answered. :)