PC won't do anything when power button is pressed

Aztec

Hey, I've left my PC on to mine some bit coins (well, was just trying it out for the 1st time to see what it was like and how it worked etc...) I went to the gym for like 2 hours and then came back to find out my PC was turned off but the light on the gpu is still glowing. I tried turning the PC back on and it won't do anything at all. Has it over heated? I have a Corsair H55 water cooler so I didn't think that would be the case. Specs:

AMD A86600k APU

msi a78m-e35 motherboard

Asus 8GB RX 470

2X Samsung EVO 250GB SSDs

1tb HDD

350 WAT Corsair PSU

Thanks!

well the light turns on on the gpu that means the psu is good, maybe the cpu or the gpu is broken or overheated

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Mining places your PC at 100% load so it may have been damaged

2 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

well the light turns on on the gpu that means the psu is good

Not necessarily, when my PC wouldn't start up, the GPU light was on, and the PSU was DOA.

8 minutes ago, Aztec said:

Hey, I've left my PC on to mine some bit coins (well, was just trying it out for the 1st time to see what it was like and how it worked etc...) I went to the gym for like 2 hours and then came back to find out my PC was turned off but the light on the gpu is still glowing. I tried turning the PC back on and it won't do anything at all. Has it over heated? I have a Corsair H55 water cooler so I didn't think that would be the case. Specs:

AMD A86600k APU

msi a78m-e35 motherboard

Asus 8GB RX 470

1tb HDD

350 WAT Corsair PSU

Thanks!

Somewhat happened to me.. it was the BUTTON that was broken on a very new case. So, first of all, try to plug RESET +- wires to POWER+- and use the reset button to "power it up". If it works, it's the power button, if it doesn't, it's something on your hardware.

9 minutes ago, TDCDigital said:

Mining places your PC at 100% load so it may have been damaged

Just opened my PC and I think the H55 was leaking as there was water on the GPU and that

17 minutes ago, Aztec said:

AMD A86600k APU

msi a78m-e35 motherboard

Asus 8GB RX 470

1tb HDD

350 WAT Corsair PSU

Thanks!

turn psu on/off

my dad turned my pc off by the switch(cringe) and it would power on by the case pwr, so i had to use the internal power switch

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Bring your system back to minimal parts. 1 stick of ram, no GPU if your processor has integrated graphics, etc.. do some testing and reply back with an update.

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

turn psu on/off

my dad turned my pc off by the switch(cringe) and it would power on by the case pwr, so i had to use the internal power switch

I've just opened my PC and it looks like there was some kind of a water leak :/

Just now, NinJake said:

Bring your system back to minimal parts. 1 stick of ram, no GPU if your processor has integrated graphics, etc.. do some testing and reply back with an update.

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow

1 minute ago, Aztec said:

I've just opened my PC and it looks like there was some kind of a water leak :/

That sucks. Try to take out the parts where the leak occurred and let them dry out as much as possible before trying to power them up again.

Just now, ErrantNyles said:

That sucks. Try to take out the parts where the leak occurred and let them dry out as much as possible before trying to power them up again.

Thanks, I have no idea how that happened, it's a sealed unit