M5A97 R2.0 a decent board?

So i have a GA-78LMT-USB3 and it gives me plenty of headaches. The bios is terrible and i had to change my memory just because it hated its multiplier.

Is the Asus M5A97 R2.0 a good board? I came across a used one and i want to be sure to avoid further frustrations.

I Got a Phenom II 1055T that goes up to 4.1Ghz at about 1.365~1.405v (still tweaking) and

2x2Gb sticks of HyperX 1.65V memory wich the Gigabyte board doesnt support

2 minutes ago, Bloody Spy said:

So i have a GA-78LMT-USB3 and it gives me plenty of headaches. The bios is terrible and i had to change my memory just because it hated its multiplier.

Is the Asus M5A97 R2.0 a good board? I came across a used one and i want to be sure to avoid further frustrations.

I Got a Phenom II 1055T that goes up to 4.1Ghz at about 1.365~1.405v (still tweaking) and

I had issues overclocking my fx 8350 on that board but other than that it was a pretty decent board. I think  it wasn't designed for the fx 8350 though.

9 minutes ago, Bloody Spy said:

It should be fine. 

Looking at the VRM database is says it's a okay board.

http://www.overclock.net/t/946407/amd-motherboards-vrm-info-database

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Crap board, failed to get past 4GHZ on my 8320 with an H100i. Computer kept crashing past 4GHZ no matter what voltage. 

I have a similar board and it was used listed as brand new off of newegg but I realized that buying older stuff can mean you could get faulty stuff but it a buy or beware

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

24 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

Crap board, failed to get past 4GHZ on my 8320 with an H100i. Computer kept crashing past 4GHZ no matter what voltage. 

Yeah I don't think it was designed for the fx series when it comes to overclocking so I'd say it would probably be fine for their cpu but they should probably still check.