Gaming PC for 14 year old

Go to solution Solved by YoloSanta,

Okay so I've made a small list, if I can get some of these parts used or on sale would it be worth it or what could be removed or changed 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DQ9DvV

Hey guys I was wondering g if you guys help what would be some good parts to make for a pc mostly for recording/streaming Minecraft, with at least a minimum fps of 80 and average 120ish(any higher is better) note that my budget is 250-300 I understand this is low, but it's for mine craft and streaming, also 8gb ram would be good, and if possible with a rx 480 red dragon and a kabylake cpu? Any posts help!

3 minutes ago, YoloSanta said:

Hey guys I was wondering g if you guys help what would be some good parts to make for a pc mostly for recording/streaming Minecraft, with at least a minimum fps of 80 and average 120ish(any higher is better) note that my budget is 250-300 I understand this is low, but it's for mine craft and streaming, also 8gb ram would be good, and if possible with a rx 480 red dragon and a kabylake cpu? Any posts help!

This isn't possible...at least with an RX 480. RX 480's are selling USED for like $400 on E-bay. God damn etherium miners amirite? >:(:S

Edit; using 460 instead from gigabyte

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

"This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked"

Just now, Navbryce said:

This isn't possible...at least with an RX 480. RX 480's are selling USED for like $400 on E-bay. God damn etherium miners amirite? >:(:S

minecraft, get something along the lines of a i3/i5, and use iGPU, quicksync is pretty good for steaming IIRC
no shaders sadly, :(

but really, $300 total budget, go used. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

16 minutes ago, YoloSanta said:

if you were in my area id have you covered. My $200 pc has a gtx 760 2gb, a quad core 3.4ghz cpu, and 10gb of ram. I streamed minecraft with shaders on and was getting 120 fps. My advice is go fully used and scour the internet for insanely good deals on either parts or whole systems and go from whatever you can get. scrapyard wars style. wroks for me, i wish you the best of luck, young padawan.

Just now, themctipers said:

minecraft, get something along the lines of a i3/i5, and use iGPU, quicksync is pretty good for steaming IIRC

I'll go used, and I don't use shaders but, I just need a good set of parts

Just now, Legolessed said:

if you were in my area id have you covered. My $200 pc has a gtx 760 2gb, a quad core 3.4ghz cpu, and 10gb of ram. I streamed minecraft with shaders on and was getting 120 fps. My advice is go fully used and scour the internet for insanely good deals on either parts or whole systems and go from whatever you can get. scrapyard wars style. wroks for me, i wish you the best of luck, young padawan.

What's your area, how far your from Kentucky, Louisville area?

15 minutes ago, Navbryce said:

it isnt possible new. no one thinks for a second about gtx 760 or 750 ti's those are more than capable of minecraft. cpu? no problem. Look for a q6600 even. I used to stream off of one. you can get an old dell optiplex with a q6600 for about $30

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

Just now, YoloSanta said:

go for something around a 2770k/3770k, maybe a used i5 4400?

you might be able to slap in a 750ti to use CUDA to encode

find a random hdd for $5, you can always jump the motherboard pins (on the pinout, dont randomly short pins..) to start up the motherboard

same with PSU 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

it isnt possible new. no one thinks for a second about gtx 760 or 750 ti's those are more than capable of minecraft. cpu? no problem. Look for a q6600 even. I used to stream off of one. you can get an old dell optiplex with a q6600 for about $30

HD 3000 is enough for Minecraft. 

Even GT 430/610 ..

source, me, i played 1.7.3 beta -> 1.5.2 using GT 610/430

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, YoloSanta said:

craigslist is your friend. This business is how i make money. Scour the internet for insane deals, then build a system and sell it. You can do the same thing but just keep the computer. Ive built pretty dang good gaming pc's for $80. just be patient, very observant. Pounce on any opertunity you get. And if you get scammed, oh..... theres always a way to get your money back ;)

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

HD 3000 is enough for Minecraft. 

Even GT 430/610 ..

source, me, i played 1.7.3 beta -> 1.5.2 using GT 610/430

overkills never bad eh? what if all the sudden they want to move to doom or far cry. Theyll be able to play above 10 fps on that system. i used a gt 420 and an r7 250 for a very long time. trust me i know. And you can overclock an r7 250 a ton, just put a couple of 200mm fans facing it.

overkills never bad eh? what if all the sudden they want to move to doom or far cry. Theyll be able to play above 10 fps on that system.

i did, and so i bought a 760 (2014)

shaders, damnit! and gta.

and then a 380 (2016)

and then a 1070 .. (2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

i did, and so i bought a 760 (2014)

shaders, damnit! and gta.

and then a 380 (2016)

and then a 1070 .. (2017)

i bought a gt 420 (2014) 

r7 250 (2015)

gtx 760 (2017)

just want to say i got a gtx 760 2gb for $40. if thats not a good deal than idk what is.

i bought a gt 420 (2014) 

r7 250 (2015)

gtx 760 (2017)

just want to say i got a gtx 760 2gb for $40. if thats not a good deal than idk what is.

gt 430 (free, 2010)

gt 610 (free, 2012, it was a downgrade)

gtx 760 (i could've bought a fucking 290, ..... anyways, $200 CAD)
380 ($200, eh whatever. modest improvement, +2gb vram)

sold 380 for $170, bought 1070 (because that was the only thing that was a good deal, RX 480 $480, GTX 1070 $510.. ) 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Agreed, looking at low end new (G4560 and RX 460) would be double the budget.

Second hand prebuilt ex-office systems are great for upcycling to gaming systems. I managed to get a Dell Vostro 460 with i7 2600 CPU from work pretty cheap ($0 including tax) which they would have otherwise had to pay to have recycled, it is my pfsense router now.

26 minutes ago, YoloSanta said:

I think the scrapyard wars season one is reliable, because of the show i want to upgrade my old system 

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

6 minutes ago, YoloSanta said:

Okay so I've made a small list, if I can get some of these parts used or on sale would it be worth it or what could be removed or changed 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DQ9DvV

It is good from upgradibility

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol