Sensitive Eyes

mtempty

As you stare ominously into your monitor(s) you become ever more wired, the time is 2am and there is zero natural light from anywhere. You decide the time is right to get some sleep for the night but your eyes feel strange, all most like they've been subjected to a light source, one that shouldn't be as bright as it is at that time of night…Retina burner….

f.lux is a piece of software that changes your monitors colour depending on the time of day (most useful once the Sun-sets) making it less strain-full on your eyes and easier to shut off when you decide you've had enough for one day. It's simple to change settings if you’re working on colour-sensitive work, or you just want a contrast between the two.

I tried it for the first time last night and I've got to say, it worked wonderfully. It’s a preference more than anything, try it and see if it makes a difference for you!

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

I use this when i'm not gaming. It does work nicely in conjunction of blinking your eyes often.

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

i agree that it would useful to keep your eyes from getting too much strain as well as blinking often and looking away from the screen every now and again

I use the computer for long periods of time and my eyes do suffer from it

My Current Rig:

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/5838447 

Steam ID: RonHGeneral Xbox Live: RonHGeneral

I've had gunnar glasses and flux since the summer. I prefer flux a lot more I don't normally wear glasses and combined with the stupid 0.5 magnification the gunnars are a bigger annoyance than the eyestrain itself

also I have my computer in a room with the windows blocked out so I the bright flash when you jump from a dark webpage to a bright white webpage is not there at all.

edit also I have one of my monitors as a 42" TV that I have at a distance from me the gunnars make it out of focus (ever so slightly annoying) when its that far away.

also: former owner of gunnars? Linus. and he gave them away to Slick and we see Slick wearing them all the time right? thumbs down gunnars.