Chromebox will not output to display

EricTrujillo

Hey guys, I have an ASUS Chromebox CN60 which will not output to display on HDMI. It has a DP output as well but I haven't tried that one since I don't have a DP cable. The Chromebox powers on normally, but does not display anything on the screen. I even try to get the Chromebox to the factory reset menu and usually this will bring something up, but I got nothing.

Any insight or anything I may be missing or is this thing toast?

can you try it on another input or even another display?

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

1 hour ago, Changis said:

can you try it on another input or even another display?

I have tried it on a working display and on different inputs on that display and I don't get anything,

it might be a warranty/RMA/DOA issue..

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

15 minutes ago, Changis said:

it might be a warranty/RMA/DOA issue..

Yeah, I was trying everything I could before I had to RMA it, I just don't wanna deal with ASUS. Thanks, though I appreciate it.

Just now, EricTrujillo said:

Yeah, I was trying everything I could before I had to RMA it, I just don't wanna deal with ASUS. Thanks, though I appreciate it.

yeah, i heard that they are not the best, though i think you should be able to go through the reseller you bought it at and have them hassle with Asus.

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Changis said:

yeah, i heard that they are not the best, though i think you should be able to go through the reseller you bought it at and have them hassle with Asus.

Its a work thing, so I'm gonna have do it myself, I don't even know if its still under warranty if I'm honest. I'll try and see.

4 minutes ago, EricTrujillo said:

Its a work thing, so I'm gonna have do it myself, I don't even know if its still under warranty if I'm honest. I'll try and see.

Good luck, and let me leave you with an inspirational quote:

Hunter S. Thompson “Don't take any guff from these swine.”

Hunter S. Thompson

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler