New laptop only 5ghz networks?

My notebook (razer blade stealth) only discovers 5ghz networks, it doesn't even find our second 2.4 ghz network which I like to use when I'm on the second floor. For some reason it just shows that it has no internet connection but it works on every other computer in the house. (previous mac guy who is switching over to the other side) Could it be that our wifi setup is optimized for mac? (just got this thing and i use a cable for my pc....) 

CaseInWIN 503 MID TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)

Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-6600K (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache

MotherboardASUS® Z170 PRO GAMING: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP 

M.2 SSD Drive 256GB SAMSUNG SM951 M.2, PCIe NVMe

Power Supply CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD

Processor Cooling Cooler Master V2

ahhh, wrong channel, if it says connected but no internet, the 2.4 is probably on a channel that the razer cant use. get a wifi scanner app 

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

@DnFx91Thank you for responding, but the issue is not that easy I'm afraid, the wifi card does not seem to even find the 2.4 frequency. It does not show up in the list of available networks..... quite convoluted (pardon any bad English, 3d language) 

10 minutes ago, tiwaztyr said:

previous mac guy who is switching over to the other side

you choose one of the worst possible laptops for the transition. 

10 minutes ago, tiwaztyr said:

Could it be that our wifi setup is optimized for mac?

no, reset your router and make your blade forget the wifi, it seems like a glitch.

are you on the latest wireless driver?

@nerdslayer1 Howso one of the worst laptops? and thank you for the advice. I already updated the wireless driver and then rolled it back again to see if it was functional. This did now fix the issue however.

@nerdslayer1 Oh.... I got a keyboard and mouse from them a long time ago, and they have served me faithfully for almost 4 years now. Reasonably avid gamer. Was very exited to learn they made laptops, so I had my girlfriend when she came to visit bring me one from america.

21 hours ago, tiwaztyr said:

My notebook (razer blade stealth) only discovers 5ghz networks, it doesn't even find our second 2.4 ghz network which I like to use when I'm on the second floor. For some reason it just shows that it has no internet connection but it works on every other computer in the house. (previous mac guy who is switching over to the other side) Could it be that our wifi setup is optimized for mac? (just got this thing and i use a cable for my pc....) 

WiFi is a standard, there should not be only mac wifi and PC wifi. My guess is A) there is an issue with the wireless card in the laptop. OR B there is an issue at the router. Id try updating the drivers for the WiFi card, Update the firmware of the router. Also check for devices that are causing interference on 2.4Ghz, that could be the issue too. 

For the record, all WiFi cards Ive seen use all 14 channels in 2.4Ghz. Generally the restrictions on what channels are allowed, is on the router side. For the US channels 1-11 are used for 2.4 Ghz. Your country could vary, check with your wireless regulator agencies to find out. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.