Sound Card

ixiboneheadixi

does a sound card offer better audio playback than integrated sound?

does it allow me to record anything coming out of my speakers in any way? for example if i was to play an audio file from youtube, could i record it and then save it to a file on my computer? 

does it give me any advantage when using high end headsets?

does it support anything higher than 7.1(ive heard things like 10.2 and 22.2 possibly replacing 7.1 as the standard)

what advantages will i see from a gaming side(i think i heard something about the asus ones showing a radar of other players sounds)

is it better to have an internal one or an external connected through USB.

does it offer better quality when recording audio?

if for example i wanted to record music from multiple instruments and such, how would i do that? can i connect those to a sound card or do i need to buy like a hub of some sort which then connects to the computer through a sound card or USB?

also for a microphone, should i go USB or XLR for more professional sound(someone told me XLR, but i dont understand why as i would assume id then have to plug it into something which then plugs into the computer via usb)

I apologize if any of this sounds stupid, i know my way around most computer related subject, but on the topic of audio i have always been just plain stupid, and never cared to learn. well now i have been trying to get into music, and want to record and also playback audio in the most professional sounding way possible. 

also what would some of the best sound cards be?

most high end headsets are crap so noa soundcard will not do anything for you. now if you get headphones like a ad700x or COP's with a decent amp/dac like a Fiio E10 might eb a good idea

oh and we do have an audio section btw so its not stupid to post in this forums for audio solutions xD

does a sound card offer better audio playback than integrated sound? yes you can tell the differenace

does it allow me to record anything coming out of my speakers in any way? for example if i was to play an audio file from youtube, could i record it and then save it to a file on my computer?  no? you can just use software to do that 

does it give me any advantage when using high end headsets? it can provide more power to higher end headphones. The higher end headsphones tend to use more power and need a dac or sound cards to provide more power to them

does it support anything higher than 7.1(ive heard things like 10.2 and 22.2 possibly replacing 7.1 as the standard) u probably dont need anything beyond 7.1 unless u want to invest alot of money on a higher end audio set up

what advantages will i see from a gaming side(i think i heard something about the asus ones showing a radar of other players sounds) u have a higher range of "sound" so it sound more true to the recording. Some super high end headphones can almost replcate sound to real word sounds from a high end source 

is it better to have an internal one or an external connected through USB. Internal ones can have electronic interference from the parts internally. But typically you dont really need to care unless u are going for the audiophile stuff. 

does it offer better quality when recording audio? depends. u should worry more on the actual recorder rather then sound card for this

if for example i wanted to record music from multiple instruments and such, how would i do that? can i connect those to a sound card or do i need to buy like a hub of some sort which then connects to the computer through a sound card or USB? buy a recorder then figure out from there

also for a microphone, should i go USB or XLR for more professional sound(someone told me XLR, but i dont understand why as i would assume id then have to plug it into something which then plugs into the computer via usb)

sorry have no clue about this one

I apologize if any of this sounds stupid, i know my way around most computer related subject, but on the topic of audio i have always been just plain stupid, and never cared to learn. well now i have been trying to get into music, and want to record and also playback audio in the most professional sounding way possible. 

also what would some of the best sound cards be?

Xonar card are good, fiio, and another one that i cant remember atm. Marysomething