Acer 27" Predator LED G-Sync XB271HUA Compatability

MathiasVO053

hi there :)

i got my Acer 27" Predator LED G-Sync XB271HUA  monitor a few days ago, but the display port cable which came with the monitor isn't long enough, therefore i went out to buy a new one, which didn't seem to work properly. the monitor'd begin to turn on/of at random moments, it'd sometimes go into a 60Hz mode, & run 720p. for those wondering, i've tried 4 diffrent display ports, i even got a new graphics card(gigabyte GTX 970 to GTX 1080ti founders edition watercooled)

Are you sure you're buying the correct display port cable? because there are variations.

I've known many who bought several Displayport cables locally that were really unbranded and cheap ones, and they didnt work or had similar issues as you, untill they went on amazon and ordered decent certified ones. 

So if the cable that came with the monitor works fine (even after the upgrade and what not)

Then it is definitely a cable issue.

Other than that, maybe double check nvidia controlpanel, it could be trying to set the monitor as a TV, make sure you choose the PC resolution, I had that issue when I plugged a DisplayPort cable into VG248QE monitor which is (144Hz-1080p) 

The same guy who sold me the cable, said that it is DisplayPort 1.2 But it wont work for 1440p and 4k. So that alone tells me that, there are variation, just make sure you get a quality cable if thats the case.

@TheScorpio this

Easy way to check if it is cable issue is to put your monitor close to the PC and use the included cable.

Take note that the G-sync module of that panel has a bug. It may require a firmware update. Mine also randomly turned off, turns out it needed to be send back for a firmware update. 

17 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Take note that the G-sync module of that panel has a bug. It may require a firmware update. Mine also randomly turned off, turns out it needed to be send back for a firmware update. 

it's only when i use certain cables that i get the bug(ie, the non included cables)

28 minutes ago, TheScorpio said:

Are you sure you're buying the correct display port cable? because there are variations.

I've known many who bought several Displayport cables locally that were really unbranded and cheap ones, and they didnt work or had similar issues as you, untill they went on amazon and ordered decent certified ones. 

So if the cable that came with the monitor works fine (even after the upgrade and what not)

Then it is definitely a cable issue.

Other than that, maybe double check nvidia controlpanel, it could be trying to set the monitor as a TV, make sure you choose the PC resolution, I had that issue when I plugged a DisplayPort cable into VG248QE monitor which is (144Hz-1080p) 

The same guy who sold me the cable, said that it is DisplayPort 1.2 But it wont work for 1440p and 4k. So that alone tells me that, there are variation, just make sure you get a quality cable if thats the case.

uhmm, what are the variations, is it like DVI? or just the diffrent versions, since they all work at 2560x1440 @ 144Hz

2 minutes ago, MathiasVO053 said:

uhmm, what are the variations, is it like DVI? or just the diffrent versions, since they all work at 2560x1440 @ 144Hz

Just different versions, as in DisplayPort 1.1, 1.1a, 1.2 and so on, (Despite the versions, cheap Chinese cables that claim to be 1.2 version might not necessary be true)

I guess the easiest way to determine if its a cable issue, is by using the cable that came with the monitor, if it doesn't have any issues, then it is a cable issue.

1 minute ago, TheScorpio said:

Just different versions, as in DisplayPort 1.1, 1.1a, 1.2 and so on, (Despite the versions, cheap Chinese cables that claim to be 1.2 version might not necessary be true)

I guess the easiest way to determine if its a cable issue, is by using the cable that came with the monitor, if it doesn't have any issues, then it is a cable issue.

but i've tried cheap and exspensive cables, which makes no diffrence(€27-€50)