Corsair Dominator Platinum - Cant reach 3000mhz

Hello guys
I have a problem with my current RAM sticks (2x8GB 3000MHZ), im not reaching 3000MHZ with the recommended timings of the offical website (15-17-17-35).

The highest ticks im getting is 2667MHZ in BIOS settings, but if i choose 2999MHZ it gets stuck in Bootloop...
Would appreciat any help

Specs:
Amd 1800x

RX 580 msi
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 3000mhz

MSI x370 Titanium Gaming

Corsair 750W powersupply

-E

1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Considering the fact that AMD's newest chip set has RAM compatibility issues. Maybe check your motherboard manufacturer and look at what RAM it "works" with. 

Well i did and they said it is compatible and im at the newest bios driver to date..

Sounds like you're on outdated BIOS.

Edit: but you say you're on the latest..my ram had issues before the latest stability update from AMD.

-Thread moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

Nice profile pic btw ebkleks :P

What voltage is the RAM getting? Are you setting the timings manually? Or are you just loading XMP?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

im on the newest BIOS.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

-Thread moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

Nice profile pic btw ebkleks :P

What voltage is the RAM getting? Are you setting the timings manually? Or are you just loading XMP?

im using manually timings, so no XMP profiles (XMP is also stuck in bootloop) and my voltage is at 1.35V
and thanks :3 greetings form switzerland

3 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Here's another thing, RAM speeds as advertised isn't guaranteed 100%. It's more like 99.99% guaranteed lol.  

yeah im aware of that its worth a try though xD

5 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Edit: but you say you're on the latest..my ram had issues before the latest stability update from AMD.

sorry for missunderstandings ;-; i meant im on the newest drivers and still on the same ram speed

4 minutes ago, Ebkleks said:

sorry for missunderstandings ;-; i meant im on the newest drivers and still on the same ram speed

I will admit, AMD Ryzen and ram is not the funnest thing for this platform hahaaaa.. Try XMP, should put you at 2993mhz

9 minutes ago, Ebkleks said:

im using manually timings, so no XMP profiles (XMP is also stuck in bootloop) and my voltage is at 1.35V
and thanks :3 greetings form switzerland

Try remove one stick and XMP again. Might just be the memory failing to train properly.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Yes, I would agree with you. Anyway, just try not to let this issue hurt you lol. xD

i know i know its totaly anoying... and this is my first PC build so totaly newbie

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I will admit, AMD Ryzen and ram is not the funnest thing for this platform hahaaaa.. Try XMP, should put you at 2993mhz

the XMP profles get also stuck in bootloop :(

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Try remove one stick and XMP again. Might just be the memory failing to train properly.

i did try that still happening the same thing :(

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

Yeah, welcome to custom built PC's. One way or another you will run into a problem here and there. Also, enjoy that rig, once you get things settled, happy gaming.

yeah ive noticed that xD unplug plug in again uninstall install again... etc

7 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

from the information i know from the motherboard it says "Ram is not installed..."

Just now, Ebkleks said:

from the information i know from the motherboard it says "Ram is not installed..."

Have you tried a single stick in every slot, with both sticks?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Have you tried a single stick in every slot, with both sticks?

no that i did not try will do that, you mean like 1 Stick and try it in every slot?

5 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

PC's are their own beast. Damn near like owning a dog, you train them and they behave, they do the "occasional" fuck up and you say BAD DOGIE. xD:P With that all said, you still love them! 

yep i did feel that xD

Just now, Ebkleks said:

no that i did not try will do that, you mean like 1 Stick and try it in every slot?

Yes, try that. Could diagnose a potentially faulty slot or stick of RAM.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Yes, try that. Could diagnose a potentially faulty slot or stick of RAM.

Oke good i will try that will answer again if anything happend... 

thanks for your help :)

Get the latest beta bios with the 1006 agesa code

Set soc to 1.2 and dram voltage to1.385 

worked for me 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

4 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

I summon @entropic remnants (because I'm pretty sure he has the same kit running at rated speeds)

Oh, Tom, you brought me back from a nice dream where I did not read forums and get mad at trolls and fan-boi types, lol.  I have been off the forums for awhile now and only came back to some with the release of Ryzen.. and then I've avoided them again.  So full disclosure: cranky old man who doesn't suffer fools gladly, even myself, lol.

Okay, off the soap box now.

First off, something about Corsair: they market the same product with different chips in order to hit demand.  Corsair sells more memory than anyone else.  Part of knowing what to do is knowing what you have and that can be an issue.  One thing you will notice is that Corsair kits often have a "version number" attached and that's an indication of what's used.  You don't see this so much on other products that tend to have only one hardware type per SKU.

Dominator Platinum have apparently used both Samsung and Hynix chips, but the ones I'm familiar with use Samsung D-die, E-die or B-die chips.  The E-die versions are dual-rank (due to lower density) and harder to get "up to speed".  I'm using CMD16GX4M2B3200C16 version 4.24 which are Samsung, dual-rank, E-die.  Version 4.31 of my kit are supposed to be B-die.  

I have been able to get these E-die variants up to speed since beta BIOS 9943/9945 and the succeeding beta BIOS which are based on AGESA 1.0.0.6.  I'm currently running beta 1403 with stable 3200 mhz memory on a low-spec 1700 non-X which will only go to 3800 mhz reliably.  It does involve manually setting many of the sub-timings exposed with the 1.0.0.6 AGESA.

What I will do is update a post I did on the ASUS forums about this with my latest information and put it on this forum.  But you can see my original post on how to do this over here: 

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93472-Get-Corsair-Dominator-CMD16GX4M2B3200C16-Up-to-Speed

You do NOT need Thaiphoon Burner as you can see the subtimings you need from the Intel XMP profile right in the Crosshair VI BIOS.

I'm not at sure why AMD doesn't read the XMP data on the sticks and fill in the appropriate sub-timings for you.  These current BIOS just are NOT that smart yet.  Even when you do this some "tweaking" is involved to get other timings optimized.

Here are my current results attached both in terms of performance, and the actual timings I have.  I'll make a new post here on what I did when I have the time, but the information I've given you can get you down the road.  Again, if you don't want to use the AGESA 1.0.0.6 beta BIOS to get there, you'll have to wait until ASUS s-l-o-w-l-y rolls out new production BIOS for the Crosshair VI.

Spoiler

cachemem.png

Timings.jpg

Some further notes:

I have to set voltage to 1.4 or higher on the RAM to do this.

SOC is 1.15.

ProcODT is now at 68.6

Set retries to 5 in the AMD CBS UMC options.

I use Auto for GearDown and Command Rate these days.

BankGroupSwap also on Auto.

If you have the B-die variant, you can likely not have to do any of this (see jjohnthedon1's post).  This is the great confusion on this memory: some people will tell you to just set D.O.C.P. and it works for them, and others it never works.  I'm in the latter with my E-die and D.O.C.P. to me means "Doesn't Operate Computer Properly"...

So a Corsair stick is not a Corsair stick -- by that I mean that only ones of the same version can be compared within the same SKU.

2 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Get the latest beta bios with the 1006 agesa code

Set soc to 1.2 and dram voltage to1.385 

worked for me 

"soc" is what exactly im realy a newbie in such things cause its my first build