eBay buyer claims CPU is DOA when I tested it prior to shipping

Poll  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Refund the buyer the $24 for the CPU and let him keep the CPU, thus me losing $6.43 in eBay, PayPal, and shipping fees along with the $24 CPU
    • Refund the buyer the $24 for the CPU, but require it set back to me, thus me losing $9.10 in eBay, PayPal, and shipping fees and have a potentially dead CPU that would be worthless in it's dead state
    • Contest his claims with eBay, (to which I will most likely lose as eBay tends to favor buyers over sellers)

Fight it mate eBay has sided with me before when I sold my old q6600 but claimed in was broken I provided photo evidence of working with benchmarks on the listing

he refused to send it back when I requested it even offered to send him a shipping lable

will agree thier are some total idiots out thier I doubt he would tamper with a 24 dollar CPU 

2 hours ago, [BP] Sir. Regretti said:

Fight it mate eBay has sided with me before when I sold my old q6600 but claimed in was broken I provided photo evidence of working with benchmarks on the listing

he refused to send it back when I requested it even offered to send him a shipping lable

will agree thier are some total idiots out thier I doubt he would tamper with a 24 dollar CPU 

Cheers mate! But unfortunately I fear that eBay has now changed and mostly sides with their buyers rather than the sellers. This means that even if I have proof, I will most likely lose and when I do, the buyer would get a refund, and get to keep the CPU, and I get a bad record, meaning that I have stained my eBay record, which even though I dont sell much on eBay, I would like to have a good record so that when I sell something else, I would be able to sell it. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

8 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

Cheers mate! But unfortunately I fear that eBay has now changed and mostly sides with their buyers rather than the sellers. This means that even if I have proof, I will most likely lose and when I do, the buyer would get a refund, and get to keep the CPU, and I get a bad record, meaning that I have stained my eBay record, which even though I dont sell much on eBay, I would like to have a good record so that when I sell something else, I would be able to sell it. 

Remember, he has to provide proof. As I said I've learned that recently so you'll be fine.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Alaradia said:

Fight it at least if you have proof 

The only proof I have are the photos of the CPU itself. I didn't take photos of the CPU booting to the BIOS and the OS because I didn't think this would happen, so at this point, both me and him are kinda on even grounds, but eBay would favor the buyer over the seller, so that would mean that I instantly lose the case. That's why I'm thinking about just accepting the return even though i know that it can be potentially a scammer. I'm mainly just looking for the way that minimizes the headaches that i will get. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Just now, glitchmaster0001 said:

The only proof I have are the photos of the CPU itself. I didn't take photos of the CPU booting to the BIOS and the OS because I didn't think this would happen, so at this point, both me and him are kinda on even grounds, but eBay would favor the buyer over the seller, so that would mean that I instantly lose the case. That's why I'm thinking about just accepting the return even though i know that it can be potentially a scammer. I'm mainly just looking for the way that minimizes the headaches that i will get. 

Don't accept the return, keep on asking him to provide proof of the problem.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, glitchmaster0001 said:

make him return it again or hell do it again

Whatever you do, don't let him keep it. It just encourages this kind of crap to keep happening. The picture should be enough proof to determine if you get the same one back.

The buyer finally provided proof of the CPUs via pictures and a video. I guess the CPU really was DOA, so i issued him a full refund and let him keep it since I don't need to waste anymore money on shipping for a dead CPU. 

and also, even after i issued him the refund, he still left negative feedback. What an asshole....