Download or Disk

TheRoss0411

I am new to PC gaming and am wondering if i should get BF4 on disc (Cheaper) or on origin

How do disc games work, do they give you a code for origin as well as a disc ?

Thanks

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I am new to PC gaming and am wondering if i should get BF4 on disc (Cheaper) or on origin

How do disc games work, do they give you a code for origin as well as a disc ?

Thanks

disc games do give a code,you just have to activate them. but not digital games. (Like you do in steam or origin). I recommend digital games though.

and the below reason. i also buy discs as steam doesn't work out for me! :(

Edited by ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I prefer disc for 2 reasons

1. I want the box (steel one)

2. Copying from the disc is faster than downloading it (for me)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

if the game also runs on steam/origin, get the cheapest one, you can/must activate the game on steam/origin before playing.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

BF4 is origin only :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

disc games do give a code,you just have to activate them. but not digital games. (Like you do in steam or origin). I recommend digital games though.

If i got BF4 on disk, and downloaded it, would it be added in my origin library and could i get it from another account ?

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

If i got BF4 on disk, and downloaded it, would it be added in my origin library and could i get it from another account ?

What another account? Do you have 2 origin accounts? 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

What another account? Do you have 2 origin accounts? 

No, on another PC, and will it be added to my origin library ?

No, on another PC, and will it be added to my origin library ?

Sorry,i don't know about it! :(

COMING SOON

if the game also runs on steam/origin, get the cheapest one, you can/must activate the game on steam/origin before playing.

Once i have got the game installed from the disk will it be added to my origin library ?

And can it be accessed from another computer using the same origin account ?

Fast internet or patience = digital

Bad internet with no patience = disc

Once i have got the game installed from the disk will it be added to my origin library ?

I think it's no. See, there are two types, (take the example of bf4 itself).

#1-physical disc

#2-digital game.(without disc. that steam and origin etc offer)

Physical Disc- You insert the cd/dvd. And run and install the game. Then you have to activate it by the given code. Mostly it comes in the manual. Then you're ready to play the game.

Digital Game-You buy it online.You checkout.You get an email regarding the game key. You then have to put it  when it asks you to put the code.( it's like redeeming a code). And then you have to confirm it. Then you have to download it. Then you can play it.

I may be wrong! I'm pretty sure i am!  

COMING SOON

no

COMING SOON

no

Ok, thanks

Steam = YES, Origin = I dont know

I never buy games on disks! I hate disks!

The only reason I have an optical drive is for ripping blurays and my dad's huge music CD library (to get FLAC). and the optical drive is removable because I don't want to see it when I don't need it.

I also have no idea if you can migrate games to your origin account, I never tried...

I would much rather have the disk. I'd rather have actual things; However, I don't like the way that you have to keep putting the disk in with some games.

Compatible with Windows 95

it will be added to your account when you "activate" it on your account, and yes, you can acces it on a different computer using your account, that's an origin feature

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

I would get the disk since you have a solid copy of the game and key and its cheaper than origin. Origin only gives you the key.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i personly would go with the disk if your download speed isnt great and it is cheaper then why not. also it will be quicker through disk.

and the below reason. i also buy discs as steam doesn't work out for me! :(

i just back up my steam folder to a backup drv i copies my whole 300gb steam folder to another pc and it still worked.