Temps whilst Folding

so i have just started folding and was wondering if you guys could check out my temperatures ad tell me if they are good or not 

Specs:

AMD FX-8350 ( not overlocked)

ASUS R9-280XDCU2 ovrclocked) 

Cooler Master Seidon 120mm AIO water cooler 

tell me if you think i should overclock if my temps are good and what i should be aiming to reach ? thanks

The average on my GPU is 64 degrees . not 56 as pic states

post-25263-0-55650800-1385304644_thumb.p

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

Do not overclock when folding you will get errors on your gpus when you do that. If you want to overclock your gpus setup some profiles or something so you can set your gpu to stock when folding I think they look good though.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Also did you setup for core 17 yet

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

My CPU gets to 75 C when folding and my GPU gets to 60 C.

i swear anything above 60 is bad for your cpu?

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Also did you setup for core 17 yet

no what is this ? i asked arlier for help in the folding section but  no one replied about what setup i should put 

It makes gpu folding a lot better and you get a ton more points.

go to the config in the client
go to slots then to your gpu

When there you should see extra slot options

click add the for name put

clienttype

and for value put advanced

@Bingbing10

Forgot to quote

It makes gpu folding a lot better and you get a ton more points.

go to the config in the client

go to slots then to your gpu

When there you should see extra slot options

click add the for name put

clienttype

and for value put advanced

@Bingbing10

Forgot to quote

ok done that how do i know if core 17 has been activated ? and do you have to do this each time you fold a new unit

ok done that how do i know if core 17 has been activated ? and do you have to do this each time you fold a new unit

When you get a WU it will tell you what core it is under project number. What you did allows F@H to give you core17 WUs so you will still get other ones but you can now get these as well. You should not have to setup it again.

When you get a WU it will tell you what core it is under project number. What you did allows F@H to give you core17 WUs so you will still get other ones but you can now get these as well. You should not have to setup it again.

he was getting like 106k ppd, he definitely had a core 17 unit, on an amd card he would have like 2k ppd otherwise, core 17 has gone out of beta apperantly and you don't need a flag to get them, that doesn't mean you shouldn't set it as a preference though, if you want the points that is, rather than just crunching through the wus as they have to be done regardless.... wether they give you lots of pretty points or not.

he was getting like 106k ppd, he definitely had a core 17 unit, on an amd card he would have like 2k ppd otherwise, core 17 has gone out of beta apperantly and you don't need a flag to get them, that doesn't mean you shouldn't set it as a preference though, if you want the points that is, rather than just crunching through the wus as they have to be done regardless.... wether they give you lots of pretty points or not.

I did not know they went out of beta.

I did not know they went out of beta.

Well they've been out of beta for a while and was moved to the advanced trials. They've just recently went "mainstream" where everyone can get them without the flags.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Well they've been out of beta for a while and was moved to the advanced trials. They've just recently went "mainstream" where everyone can get them without the flags.

well i am really behind then I guess. thank you though

they give the same ppd whether beta or not.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

they give the same ppd whether beta or not.

i never said otherwise, the implied 2k ppd was a theoretical undefined unit which would not have been a core 17 unit be it 15 or 16.

and i continued on by saying that every wu has to be done regardless if they give you lots of points or not.

i said that because most people want to get core 17 units, thus they put flags hoping to increase the chance of that happening, because they award several magnitudes more points compared to other units.

i never said otherwise, the implied 2k ppd was a theoretical undefined unit which would not have been a core 17 unit be it 15 or 16.

and i continued on by saying that every wu has to be done regardless if they give you lots of points or not.

i said that because most people want to get core 17 units, thus they put flags hoping to increase the chance of that happening, because they award several magnitudes more points compared to other units.

ah, sorry

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!