Used or New?

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a laptop in the 1000$ range and i was looking at these 2 Razer laptops. I was wondering if it would be best for my to get the blade 14 for the higher specs but buy it used or get the stealth and buy it new. I do want to do some light gaming which i know the stealth does not excel at but its very light weight gaming like Minecraft. If there are any other good specs and looking laptop feel free to link me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OB-Razer-Blade-Stealth-Touch-Screen-UHD-12-5-256GB-i7-6500U-8GB-3840-x-2160-/272353345496?epid=1869980366&hash=item3f69863fd8:g:EFUAAOSwQaJXQ6LH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222549418754

Go for the Blade 14. I have a 970M laptop, and it is not decent, but double decent!

4 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a laptop in the 1000$ range and i was looking at these 2 Razer laptops. I was wondering if it would be best for my to get the blade 14 for the higher specs but buy it used or get the stealth and buy it new. I do want to do some light gaming which i know the stealth does not excel at but its very light weight gaming like Minecraft. If there are any other good specs and looking laptop feel free to link me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OB-Razer-Blade-Stealth-Touch-Screen-UHD-12-5-256GB-i7-6500U-8GB-3840-x-2160-/272353345496?epid=1869980366&hash=item3f69863fd8:g:EFUAAOSwQaJXQ6LH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222549418754

I'll be honest, I really don't see the razer blade working out too well. If you're on a budget, I wouldn't go for a last-gen gpu anyway because of the drastic difference in gaming performance compared to modern laptop gpus like the 1060. A 7500u should be enough to handle games like Minecraft & Overwatch fine as long as you don't care too much about running at native res.

3 minutes ago, Squarq said:

I'll be honest, I really don't see the razer blade working out too well. If you're on a budget, I wouldn't go for a last-gen gpu anyway because of the drastic difference in gaming performance compared to modern laptop gpus like the 1060. A 7500u should be enough to handle games like Minecraft & Overwatch fine as long as you don't care too much about running at native res.

so what are you reccomending i go

9 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

so what are you reccomending i go

My bad, I put '7500u' instead of '6500u.' I'm saying to go with the Stealth

12 minutes ago, Squarq said:

Wait does the stealth even have a dedicated gpu? The website doesn't say that it has a dedicated gpu anywhere on the product information

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Wait does the stealth even have a dedicated gpu? The website doesn't say that it has a dedicated gpu anywhere on the product information

It does not have a dedicated GPU its meant to be an ultrabook that you hook up to the razer core

1 minute ago, Squarq said:

My bad, I put '7500u' instead of '6500u.' I'm saying to go with the Stealth

Why would i go with the 6500u where i could go with the blade 14 which is a slighty older model but still has better specs. Is buying a used laptop a bad way to go?

2 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

It does not have a dedicated GPU its meant to be an ultrabook that you hook up to the razer core

Why would i go with the 6500u where i could go with the blade 14 which is a slighty older model but still has better specs. Is buying a used laptop a bad way to go?

I'd go with the used laptop Tbh. As long as nothing is broken you can just have fresh install of windows and it should be like new.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

avoid razer, poor machines look for something else.  

how do you figure?

3 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

I just really don't see the dedicated GPU being useul to you if you're mostly going to browse the web and play games like Minecraft. The noise from the fans of the blade are also annoyingly loud from what I've heard. Actually, seeing as they're the same price roughly, the blade isn't a bad option, but it's really based on what you need and what you don't.

8 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

they have a poor thermal design, with lots of quality and support issues.  

Where do you reccomend i search for different laptops

4 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

Where do you reccomend i search for different laptops

if you want something powerful and cheap get a dell Inspiron 7000, get the i7 and 1050ti model or an xps 15 if you have the budget, or get a ultrabook like hp envy or LG gram. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

if you want something powerful and cheap dell Inspiron 7000, get the i7 and 1050ti model or a xps 15 if you have the budget, or get a ultrabook like hp envy or LG gram. 

I was looking at the Dell inspiron just now and my only hesitation with getting the 999$ model one (1050 ti) is that its a hybrid drive and not an ssd

Just now, PurpleCodes said:

I was looking at the Dell inspiron just now and my only hesitation with getting the 999$ model one (1050 ti) is that its a hybrid drive and not an ssd

throw in an SSD after, it's easily upgradable. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

throw in an SSD after, it's easily upgradable. 

Im sorta on a tight budget and cant really go over 1000$ so upgrading to and ssd would be out of my price range

3 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

Be weary of Dell Gaming Laptops. I've bought two different ones in the past and both times they've had issues with the screens. It seems like a lot of people have issues with the quality control of their products. 

I am now looking at the acer Vx5.

Which is reccomended getting a i7 7700hq with a 1050 or a i5 7300 hq with a 1050 ti?

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

avoid razer, poor machines look for something else.  

As always,  trust this guy. Always good advice!