Wired connection mess and questions..

SinisterHumanoid

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but it seems network related at least. Router > switch, splitter, hub?

In the master bedroom is the router, it has a connection running through the walls and into the other side of the house, which my PC alone is connected to.

Would taking that connection from the wall and using this splitter work for providing my full speeds(300down/100up) to all four devices I want to have connected? 

Or would it only do as the name makes me think, which would provide 80/25 to the devices max individually. Or is there no way to get full speeds to all devices via a single ethernet connection this way?

Hello, that should work fine. The total backbone to your router would be 1000mbps down and 1000mbps up, so a device would have access to the full 300mbps down and 100mbps up internet connection, only changing if other devices on the network are also using the internet/ISP issues.

Also, for a little bit more, you may want to look into buying a metal housed switch, would last longer,  $24.99 - TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Steel Network Switch or $19.97 - TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Steel Network Switch

10 minutes ago, Chaz042 said:

Hello, that should work fine. The total backbone to your router would be 1000mbps down and 1000mbps up, so a device would have access to the full 300mbps down and 100mbps up internet connection, only changing if other devices on the network are also using the internet/ISP issues.

Also, for a little bit more, you may want to look into buying a metal housed switch, would last longer,  $24.99 - TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Steel Network Switch or $19.97 - TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Steel Network Switch

So both PC's and my PS3 would be getting the full 300/100 speeds?

Just now, SinisterHumanoid said:

So both PC's and my PS3 would be getting the full 300/100 speeds?

Yep

Just now, Chaz042 said:

Yep

Awesome thank you. Will definitely have to get one then :D

Just now, SinisterHumanoid said:

Awesome thank you. Will definitely have to get one then :D

Just go for the 8 port if you can afford it.

15 minutes ago, Chaz042 said:

Just go for the 8 port if you can afford it.

I don't think I have full use for all 8, but better to plan ahead. I will!