Ryzen 1700 temp problems( Non OC) Stock cooler

pneumichelin

Hi guys, just finished building my new system and I'm having temperatures problems on stock settings ( overclocking is not possible with these temps )

A lot of people are able to reach 3.9 ghz on their 1700 at 1.3xx vcore and here I am getting 70C on realbench stress test at stock settings. Note that I set the wraith spire at max rpm .
I already reinstalled the wraith spire and I applied new thermal paste but it didn't change anything.

Here's my specs:
Mobo: gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

CPU: Ryzen r7 1700

cooler : stock cooler

gpu : evga gtx 1080ti sc black edition

case : phanteks p400s TG

psu : evga supernova g3 650w

ram : g.skill trident z rgb 16gb 3200 mhz ( running stable at 2933 mhz currently)

2x corsair sp120 rgb in the front as intake
1x corsair sp120 rgb in the rear as exhaust

2x phanteks 120mm ( fans that came with the case ) in the top as exhaust.

Did I get unlucky with a bad chip ? Maybe my intake fans aren't powerful enough ? bad airflow ?

Been trying a lot of differents things for the past 8 hours and I'm exhausted. I think my case is just badly optimized for airflow ?

I still run everything at 4k 60 fps but I would be really happy if I could reach 3.7ghz on my ryzen.

Time to go for a corsair h100i v2 ?

Thanks

Edit : Ambient temp in my room is 20 C ( air conditioning, so it's not that :P )

Edited by pneumichelin
forgot something

70C under benchmark load with a stock cooler is to be expected. Saw a review with one with a good air cooler and it was at 60C.

People pushing overclocks on stock coolers are probably running in the high 80s.

34 minutes ago, pneumichelin said:

Hi guys, just finished building my new system and I'm having temperatures problems on stock settings ( overclocking is not possible with these temps )

A lot of people are able to reach 3.9 ghz on their 1700 at 1.3xx vcore and here I am getting 70C on realbench stress test at stock settings. Note that I set the wraith spire at max rpm .
I already reinstalled the wraith spire and I applied new thermal paste but it didn't change anything.

Here's my specs:
Mobo: gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

CPU: Ryzen r7 1700

cooler : stock cooler

gpu : evga gtx 1080ti sc black edition

case : phanteks p400s TG

psu : evga supernova g3 650w

ram : g.skill trident z rgb 16gb 3200 mhz ( running stable at 2933 mhz currently)

2x corsair sp120 rgb in the front as intake
1x corsair sp120 rgb in the rear as exhaust

2x phanteks 120mm ( fans that came with the case ) in the top as exhaust.

Did I get unlucky with a bad chip ? Maybe my intake fans aren't powerful enough ? bad airflow ?

Been trying a lot of differents things for the past 8 hours and I'm exhausted. I think my case is just badly optimized for airflow ?

I still run everything at 4k 60 fps but I would be really happy if I could reach 3.7ghz on my ryzen.

Time to go for a corsair h100i v2 ?

Thanks

Edit : Ambient temp in my room is 20 C ( air conditioning, so it's not that :P )

Those temps are normal for the stock cooler. I switched my Ryzen 7 1700 build to the corsair h100i v2 and my temps are much lower. Mind you I also swapped my MSI B350 tomahawk for an Asus crosshair vi hero because of the high VRM temps on the b350. While running real bench stress test 3.975ghz @ 1.38v my max temp is 70 C. While playing Ghost recon wildlands at 4k very high, the cpu temp barely goes over 60 C. I'm running an EVGA 1080 ti SC. 

1 minute ago, Ucliker said:

Those temps are normal for the stock cooler. I switched my Ryzen 7 1700 build to the corsair h100i v2 and my temps are much lower. Mind you I also swapped my MSI B350 tomahawk for an Asus crosshair vi hero because of the high VRM temps on the b350. While running real bench stress test 3.975ghz @ 1.38v my max temp is 70 C. While playing Ghost recon wildlands at 4k very high, the cpu temp barely goes over 60 C. I'm running an EVGA 1080 ti SC. 

Well I might go for a h100i v2 then, do we need to contact corsair to get a am4 bracket ?

2 minutes ago, Ucliker said:

you mean they are normal for stock speeds ? I'm reach 70C on realbench at stock speeds, no overclock....

5 minutes ago, pneumichelin said:

you mean they are normal for stock speeds ? I'm reach 70C on realbench at stock speeds, no overclock....

70c is a little high but at stock speeds what is the voltage the cpu is pulling on your chip in cinebench?

6 minutes ago, Ucliker said:

70c is a little high but at stock speeds what is the voltage the cpu is pulling on your chip in cinebench?

As for the corsair h100i v2 and the AMD AM4 bracket, yes you need to order the kit. I had to pay $6 for it since the free code doesn't work any more.

6 minutes ago, Ucliker said:

1.104v and 58C temp with cinebench.

I might need to reinstall the cooler for a 3rd time lol . I made sure to not lift the cooler the 2nd time around so it wouldn't create air bubbles.

7 minutes ago, pneumichelin said:

1.104v and 58C temp with cinebench.

I might need to reinstall the cooler for a 3rd time lol . I made sure to not lift the cooler the 2nd time around so it wouldn't create air bubbles.

Yeah 70 C is extremely high for stock at such a low voltage. The stock spire cooler is a pain to install. You really need to make sure it's level even though the screws are hard to turn and line up. 58c is better but still seems high. When I had the spire installed my max temps were round 50 C+ Under stress tests.

1 minute ago, Ucliker said:

Yeah 70 C is extremely high for stock at such a low voltage. The stock spire cooler is a pain to install. You really need to make sure it's level even though the screws are hard to turn and line up. 58c is better but still seems high. When I had the spire installed my max temps were round 50 C+ Under stress tests.

guess I will give it another try tommorow then. Thank you

54 minutes ago, Ucliker said:

just quit being greedy and be happy to have something many others do not

you damn baby

12 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

just quit being greedy and be happy to have something many others do not

you damn baby

What are you talking about?!

nothing broken guy rig or is overheating

the temp differences could be nothing more than room ambient temp difference between this pc location and the compared systems

if rig A run in 80°f enviroment with rig B in a 65°f room which rig do we assume will run cooler? 

this person got nice setup that is functioning 

be happy that it does work and does not overheat on aircooled overclock or even run hot(70°c 4k gaming)