1800X+Asus Corsair VI hero and fan speed issues

Hello all,

I hope that some one here can help me out as this issue has been driving me nuts. I run a full custom loop in my system and it idles at around 31C with am ambient of 26C, so that is doing it's job and when I start pushing it the temps go to 65-70C which is all nice fine and dandy.

What is not that between 55-60C the Fans go from their quiet to full ramp and well these are noctua Industrial 2000RPM fans so at full blast they make quite the noise. The problem is on the MB put it down that they will not ramp until the temp hits 75C because frankly unless I am running a benchmark it is not going to get close to that. So what I am missing or what else can I do to force the fans to stay quiet.

The fans are all connected to the PWM fan hub in the Phanteks Enthoo evlov ATX TG which is connected to the CPU fan header on the MB as it should be. The pump D5 unit is always running at full speed as it is quiet anyhow.

So yeah I really would love it if one of you lovely folks could help me out and keep this machine quiet :)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

I had a similar problem on my gigabyte board. I finally went and bought a software based fan controller and now I'm happy. I got a NZXT GRID+ because I have no disk bays to mount any bay type controller.

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

"Headward, free now to rise." - Principal Vagina

43 minutes ago, xitywampas said:

I had a similar problem on my gigabyte board. I finally went and bought a software based fan controller and now I'm happy. I got a NZXT GRID+ because I have no disk bays to mount any bay type controller.

Not really a solution I want to get into, but heck if I have to I just might. Fans should be able to run as low as 700-800 RPM, but MB keeps them at 1100 and ramps them to 2000 when temps get higher. Did use the ASUS AI software that delayed so far when they spin up, but it ramped them to 1400 as a base line which is to much :(

2 minutes ago, Carde said:

Not really a solution I want to get into, but heck if I have to I just might. Fans should be able to run as low as 700-800 RPM, but MB keeps them at 1100 and ramps them to 2000 when temps get higher. Did use the ASUS AI software that delayed so far when they spin up, but it ramped them to 1400 as a base line which is to much :(

I played with mine for over a month. I tried different software and even updated my UEFI just to see if it would help. Everything sucked. Had 700-1000 RPM steps and my pump just stayed maxed out when it didn't need to. I wanted quiet, fanless idle and reasonable stepping to match temps. That just wasn't going to happen with built in control.

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

C6H has bios options to change each fan header, it's speed and temp settings. It's a duplicate of the AI suite without needing to install software.

1 minute ago, Evanair said:

C6H has bios options to change each fan header, it's speed and temp settings. It's a duplicate of the AI suite without needing to install software.

Mine does also. Still sucked.

Ok first of all the 1800x has the 20 degree offset so ur temps are at 47 degrees which is the same as my temps 

secondly get the latest beta bios with the agesa 1006 code as the night has taken the offset off by now

thirdly there are custom fan profiles in the bios so u can set them all to run at 40 percent speed constantly or what ever you like 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

7 hours ago, xitywampas said:

I played with mine for over a month. I tried different software and even updated my UEFI just to see if it would help. Everything sucked. Had 700-1000 RPM steps and my pump just stayed maxed out when it didn't need to. I wanted quiet, fanless idle and reasonable stepping to match temps. That just wasn't going to happen with built in control.

U should have you pump running at full speed all the time 

the pump doesn't work in Rpms it runs on max voltage from the header which reads as high rpm 

running the pump pump at a "lower rpm" is not providing it enough voltage and probly doesn't even turn on

also (1600) 

8 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

U should have you pump running at full speed all the time 

the pump doesn't work in Rpms it runs on max voltage from the header which reads as high rpm 

running the pump pump at a "lower rpm" is not providing it enough voltage and probly doesn't even turn on

Its on 50%. Also uses pulse width modulation so it always has full power.

2 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Ok first of all the 1800x has the 20 degree offset so ur temps are at 47 degrees which is the same as my temps 

secondly get the latest beta bios with the agesa 1006 code as the night has taken the offset off by now

thirdly there are custom fan profiles in the bios so u can set them all to run at 40 percent speed constantly or what ever you like 

I know it has the offset, I am not worried about the temps as a result just the noise :)

Will see if they have a beta bios, believe I run the latest normal release.

I know there are custom fan profiles I been using them, but seeing you select 75C there and they ramp up at 55C in use they are bloody well useless :(

19 minutes ago, Carde said:

I know it has the offset, I am not worried about the temps as a result just the noise :)

Will see if they have a beta bios, believe I run the latest normal release.

I know there are custom fan profiles I been using them, but seeing you select 75C there and they ramp up at 55C in use they are bloody well useless :(

Is there not a full custom fan profile you can set ? 

Alternativly do what I do and get a fan controller from napkin for 10 pound 

also (1600) 

2 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Is there not a full custom fan profile you can set ? 

Alternativly do what I do and get a fan controller from napkin for 10 pound 

Used custom profiles all the time.

Anyhow found a beta bios with the 1006 code and that has done the trick, no more silly 20C offset and things are quiet even with 27C ambient temps :) Only downside my OC is a bit less now, but will have to tweak that see if I can get it back to 4.

Thanks for the help all!

6 hours ago, Carde said:

Anyhow found a beta bios with the 1006 code and that has done the trick, no more silly 20C offset and things are quiet even with 27C ambient temps :) Only downside my OC is a bit less now, but will have to tweak that see if I can get it back to 4.

Thanks for the help all!

Look at @tom_w141 signature at his pstate oc guide it's what me him and others use 

u should archive the same oc with 1006 and better ram oc

also (1600) 

7 hours ago, Carde said:

Thanks for the help all!

Glad you got it situated.

Well shiver me timbers, it is reading a 20C offset again.......

This is now seriously starting to piss me off.